Chapter 6: X Factor!

I walk onto the stage with my guitar, taking a deep breath and sitting on the stool. I hear a lot of screams.

"Hello." I say awkwardly to the judges, smiling.

"Hey man." Ronan begins. "What's your name?"

"My name's Jai Waetford." I reply.

"Jai, how old are you?" he asks.

"Um, I'm 14 years old." I say. Don't screw this up Jai. I look at Rachel in the audience, and she has her fingers crossed, smiling.

"Is your family with you today?" he asks. Can I just sing now?

"They are, they're here. They are." Come onnn.

"Who's here?"

"Um, I've got my mum, my aunty and my two best mates from school." I reply, smiling.

It goes onto the video of me talking about myself.

Once it's finished, everyone screams.

"How long have you been playing guitar?" Ronan asks. Pleaseee can we just get on with it?

"Um, for about 2 years now, I picked it up off the internet actually, so..." I say.

"You write your own stuff as well?" he asks.

"Yeah I do, I do."

"Okay, alright Jai, I can't wait to hear you. What are you gonna sing?"

"I'm singing Different worlds by Jes Hudak."

"Okay. Enjoy." He says.

I take a deep breath, quickly looking at Rachel and back to my guitar. I start playing.

"I've been

Out on the ocean,

Sailing alone, travelling nowhere.

Oh you've been, running on hard ground

With just you around, your heartbeat's the only sound.

But I know,

That once in a while we will find,

The sound of your heart beats with mine,

And when it's time, I'll leave the ocean behind.

So you'll be, like in a movie.

And when it's time, I'll leave the ocean behind."

The song finishes. Dannii stands up and squeals, her hands in the air, along with the audience. I didn't stuff up! Thank god. I look at Rachel and smile, then back at the judges.

All the judges are standing up and clapping. This is so amazing!

They all sit down.

"I just have so - I - we're all very excited, well, can you just do something for me?" Ronan asks.
"Can you play a little bit of one of your original songs for me?"

"Sure, sure." I grin. Which song... I'll do Rachel's favourite.

"Um, this is a song I wrote, um, and it's called Don't Let Me Go." I say. I look down at my guitar and begin to play.

"Baby please, stay near.

Don't know how I'd live without you here.

It feels like I'm drowning, I got no air.

My life is nothing without you here.

So baby please, don't leave me now, don't leave me now."

I see RedFoo crying. Holy crap.

"You got the softest touch and no deceits,
And no money or car could change

What you mean to me 'cause I'm falling in love with you,

and I just can't help myself,"

I sing, looking into Rachel's blue eyes. she's grinning, her eyes glassy.

"Cause I'm falling in love with you,

And I just cant help

Myself!"

I belt it out, my eyes shut.

"Oh please don't go,

don't leave me now,

Don't let me go."

I finish the song smiling. Everyone erupts in screams.

"I'm gonna do it again, I'm gonna do it again I'm getting up on the desk it's unbelievable!! Woo!" Ronan shouts.

"Whoa." I say. I look at Rachel again and smile. She gives me the thumbs up, a tear running down her face. The girl next to her thinks I'm looking at her and goes crazy.

"I have so many things I wanna say. I have so many things I wanna say to you but the most important thing is have you got anything in the diary for the rest of your life." Ronan says. I laugh.

"Because If you have take it all out because it's all about to change mate. That was unbelievable."

"Thank you. Thank you so much." I say.

"Best I've ever seen on X Factor, you are a superstar." he says, leaning back in his chair.

This is so amazing.

"Thank you." I say.

"Ah. I'm going through something right now in a relationship, and that actually made me cry for real." RedFoo says. Everyone in the audience awws.

"Those lyrics are perfect." He states. I nod.

"You have a real talent, you are an artist, you are a writer you are.. incredible. Incredible." He says.

"Thank you so much." I laugh, shaking my head in disbelief.

"Jai, that is the audition that everyone else has to try and beat." Dannii says. I laugh.

"We have to vote, Jai." Ronan begins.

"Do you really have to?"

"I'm not too sure how it's gonna go." He says.

"Ooh." I say, laughing.

"I'm not too sure." he laughs.

"Absolute yes from me." he exclaims.

"Thank you." I reply. Holy crap!

"A huge, gigantic yes from me!!" RedFoo shouts. I grin wider.

"Thank you."

".....Yes." Dannii says. Everyone claps and screams.

I just got 3 yesses! This is the most amazing moment of my life.

"Alright Jai, see you at bootcamp!" Ronan says.

The judges all say goodbye.

"See ya." I say, walking off the stage smiling. I look at Rachel and she's squealing and jumping up and down. I grin at her. I walk out of sight.

Immediately my mum envelopes me in a hug. We pull apart and I smile at everyone.

"Where did you come from?" asks the host guy. I laugh.

Eventually we leave the place, going to get dinner. Rachel said she will leave after my audition and meet us at the pizza place across the road. We sit down and talk about how it went. After about 10-15 minutes Rachel comes in. I stand up as she runs towards me and hugs me tightly.

"That. Was. Amazing!" she squeals. We pull away and I quickly kiss her on the lips. We hold hands and sit down with everyone else.

"I'll go order my pizza, I'll be back." she says, getting her money out and getting up to go to the counter.

"Don't be silly, I'm buying your pizza." Mum says.

"Are you sure?" Rachel asks.

Mum nods as she sits back down.

"Thank you." she says.

"I stayed for Taylor Henderson's audition. He's really good." she grins.

"Yeah? I'll talk to him in bootcamp." I reply.

We choose our pizzas and wait for them to arrive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys this took a lot of effort

I had to watch Jai's full audition and write down everything that happened omg

Anyway i hope i didnt screw anything up but yeah

Vote
Comment
Follow
Ily!!
(No creepo)

xxx

~skully