chapter 9

I look through the cupboard. Why do we never have any food? I grab a tin of baked beans, opening it and pouring it into a bowl. So what if it's 8:30pm? I set the microwave for 2 minutes, and luckily the ads are still on the TV.

3, 2, 1... Ding.

I grab the bowl and take it out to the lounge room. I get comfortable on the couch and eat my baked beans. The ads finish and the X factor comes back on.

It's the 3rd Sunday episode. I see Omar Dean singing in front of the judges. I concentrate on my food for a minute, until I hear my boyfriend's voice. I snap my head up to the TV and watch as Jai talks to Ronan. He tells Jai the song choice and it shows him practising.

They change to Taylor Henderson, who is talking about his song choice. I realise that I'm about to piss myself so I run to the bathroom, locking myself in and doing my business. Suddenly someone starts banging on the door roughly and loudly.

"What?" I call out.

"Get out of the f***ing bathroom!" My mum spits. I gasp quietly, as she has never acted like this. I quickly wash my hands and open the door. There stands my mum. Her forehead is sweating, a beer in her hand, dark bags under her eyes.

"Mum... What happened to you?" I whisper.

"Move out of my way you slut." She says angrily.

I can't move. It's like my feet are glued to the ground. My heart is beating out of my chest.

"I said move!" She screams, slapping me across the face so hard I fall over. She storms into the bathroom, slamming the door shut. My eyes sting with tears as I run into my room, packing a bag. I grab my phone and run out the door, not bothering to close it. I look through my contacts, tapping the first on the list.

Beunka.

It rings, rings and rings. I'm about to press end when she finally answers.

"Hello?" She says through the phone.

"Beunka? Can I stay at yours tonight?" I ask.

"Sure, I guess, but why so sudden?" It's 8:45." She says.

"I'll tell you when I get there." I say, pressing end and slipping my phone in my shallow pocket. I look around the dark street I'm on, trying to work out which way Beunka's house is. I decide to go straight ahead. I walk for about 20 minutes until I feel a drop of water on my hand.

Of f***ing course.

It's just like a movie, where the girl runs away and it starts pouring with rain and she puts her hood up and her hands in her pockets, her mascara running.

The rain gets heavier as I quicken my pace.

I'm wearing shorts, a loose tank top and my ugg boots that are two sizes too small.

Lucky me.

I think about what happened at home. My mum never gets drunk. Maybe my dad called? Maybe she had another man over but I didn't know? Maybe he got her drunk? She was perfectly fine after dinner.

*thinking back to dinner*

I stir the pasta one last time and divide it into two bowls. Mum walks down the stairs, sitting down at the table. I hand her a bowl and I sit opposite her, placing my bowl on the placemat.

"Thanks for making dinner, Rachel." she smiles, picking up her fork and eating quickly. I do the same.

Once we're finished we chuck our bowls in the sink.

"I'm really tired, I'm just going to go to bed." she yawns.

"I'm gonna watch X factor. Night Mum." I kiss her cheek and she walks away.

"Love you." she calls.

"You too." I grin.

*back to story*

I quickly realise I'm walking in the middle of the road and go back onto the path. I'm pretty sure I'm on Beunka's street. I walk past two more houses and I'm finally there. I walk up her driveway and knock on her door.

I notice my white top has gone see-through from the rain. My hair has gone curly from being wet, and my legs and arms are covered in goosebumps. At least I'm not wearing make-up.

Bee's sister opens the door.

"Oh, Rachel! Come inside!" she gasps.

"Beunka!" she calls.

Bee comes running down the stairs.

"Oh god, you're soaking." she says, eyeing me up and down.

"Come have a shower." she says, putting an arm around me, leading me to the bathroom.

"I taped Jai for you." she smiles.

"Oh, thanks." I grin.

I make my way into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I get in the shower, struggling to find the right temperature. I give up and sit down. I always sit down in the shower, I'm just too lazy to stand up... is that normal?

I imagine my mum banging on the door screaming for me to get out.

She'll be back to normal tomorrow, we'll talk about it and everything will be fine.

I hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well that was a bit dramatic

Im sorry i dont update much just bear with me bebs

Im so lazy

Guys i changed my username to jaimia okay?

Please keep reading and please comment i love your comments <3

dont forget to vote and follow me on both wattpad and instagram(mia_swh)

LOVE YOUSE

buh bye xoxoxoxox

-skully