Hold Your Colour.

Adele scampered through the dimly lit forest, the moon’s rays were scattered about his forest path and as he ran on further the trees only grew larger and wider, the moon’s light was being strangled out. Adele felt his unneeded breathes choke out of his throat, he was in taking less and less air as his surroundings grew only darker and darker.

The almost silent footsteps tracing him echoed throughout his head.

He was being pursued and he really didn’t like the feeling of dread that was twisting in his gut. His crimson eyes occasionally flickered around him and over his shoulder. He could catch a glimpse of a shadow; he forced some air into his lungs then pressed on.

The beast was certainly after him.

His steps suddenly began to back track, Adele just curbed himself to a stop and peering around at this barren meadow. He was…He was in the open, this was very bad, but he couldn’t very well turn back! –Not where he was being hunted.

Adele tried to get across, he felt his legs to carry him onward, and despite that he was certain he had been running for hours from this thing, and Adele didn’t feel tired at all. This new body of his, it was certainly amazing indeed. Jun hadn’t lied of its wonders.

He was almost there, the other end of the meadow!

Adele’s feet left the ground. Something had hit him and knocked him off his feet.

Adele’s body was crushed to the ground, a snarl ripped out from his mouth as a hand clutched to his head and pressed him down. His body contorted and writhed under the weight of the other. He tried to claw his way at the attacker, but another hand came around and crushed one of his hands to the dirt. Adele’s flailing around really wasn’t helping him anyway, he shivered as his mind turned to darker thoughts such as he really didn’t have a chance against this person.

A chuckle ripped through the night air, his eyes flickered up and focused on who was pressing him down, out of poor humanistic habit Adele sucked in a deep gulp of air.

“Y-You!” Adele wiggled under the man, “Why would you do that?”

To see Jun smirk brought great relief to the panicked Adele, Adele’s own face broke out into a large grin as the other man loosened his hold on him, “I was only playing.”

Playing he said. Well he really did scare the crap out of Adele who had worried that what was chasing him was probably a rogue vampire, one that wasn’t of the coven or even worse, an enemy vampire. But Adele hadn’t smelt anything; certainly he would have grown…’familiar’ with this man’s scent. They spent almost every waking moment together, but of course that was only because Adele was a newborn and you couldn’t leave a newborn alone…They were too dangerous.

“Will you let me up?”

Slowly Jun extracted himself from Adele and he sat back, his eyes were a darker shade of crimson yet Adele noticed how bright they gleamed in the dark, “What are you staring at?”

Jun’s question caught Adele a bit off guard; he wasn’t aware he had been staring; he averted his eyes immediately and mumbled off an apology under his breath. He couldn’t help himself though, the man before him certainly was enchanting. He wasn’t a typical vampire, as many other people would say. Jun had saved Adele, he had brought him back. It was an oddity apparently, taking care of a newborn that wasn’t your own, though Adele had no complaints, he was extremely thankful.

“Why would you chase me around?”

“I wanted to hunt you. Just for fun.”

Hunt him?

“But you didn’t-“ Before Adele could finish Jun tackled him once again and instantly his teeth her upon Adele’s frigid skin. Adele flinched and waited for the slight twinge of pain he always felt when Jun bit him, but it never came. Where Jun’s lips were only a small tickle, he was nipping playfully at Adele’s neck and it caused a tiny giggle to erupt from Adele’s lips, “Jun! –don’t do that!” But Jun pressed on and caught hold of Jun’s hands and pressed them away, his love bites only grew more ferocious and eager, the tickling feel soon left them and Adele froze up. Something welled up in his stomach and he cringed, this was a new feeling of ‘good.’ “J-Jun, what are you doing?” He breathed out in a low murmur; Jun leaned up to meet Adele’s eyes. His expression frightened Adele slightly, it was hard and serious, and Jun pressed his cold body closely to Adele’s,

“Nothing.” He said then suddenly pulled himself away and stood, he smiled down at Adele and offered his pale hand, “Let’s head back, mother will be worried you haven’t returned yet.”

Adele’s eyes flickered around, the night sky had turned into a soft purple, orange and yellow was now swirling into it…”Dawn.” He took hold of Jun’s hand and stood, but as Jun started to pull his hand away Adele clutched harder, “We’re ganna head back together right?” He grinned over at Jun, the other’s expression was puzzled, but it soon turned into a half smile and he nodded back,

“Of course.”

Jun quickly lead the way back to the coven with Adele’s hand held tightly between his slender fingers.

---

I really like writing about these characters, but as for their story, eh.