Sxy •GreenxRed

Okey, these two aren't to be confused with Gary and Ash, they're from one of the games, not the show. o-o;

---

He was always looked down upon.

Always stared at with that blank expression of his.

He was left in his place at the gym since he felt the challenges just weren't enough. He left for that mountain to train and battle the toughest of trainers, leaving Green in this God forsaken gym he wished to never enter. All it did was remind him of Red and all the shit he insisted on pulling.

It was nothing like it was back when they were kids, this hatred he now felt was nothing compared to the childish jealous of back then. He wanted nothing more to with Red, he could care less if he came back down from the mountain a changed man and started treating Green like he was an actual human being and not some ass that he could dump all of his work on.

Green sighed, leaning back in the chair in his office. It seriously sucked, that he was here, dealing with a bunch of ten year old kids demanding battles and just losing. Then came the exasperated tears of their loss. He couldn't stand it. Why cry over something so trivial? It was obvious they wouldn't be able to win at every battle.

Except for Red...He never lost. Nothing was ever good enough for him.

Green kicked his desk's leg, snarling slightly as he thought back to when they first met. The day his grandfather, Professor Oak gave them their first Poke ball and Pokedex...He wore that expression even then as he received his Pikachu. There was no joy, maybe a flicker in his eyes that Green had forgotten about as he was handed his first Pokémon...Atleast he was excited when he got his Eevee...

They set out on their journey, that memory was certainly fresh in his memory, to think, it had happened eight years ago...The day the both of them left town on their feet and started out towards the very town that Green now had a gym in...Well technically it was Red's gym. He just never came to it. Nor did he want it. He only took it so it wouldn't close down. But even now that it was his, Green rarely hung around here, he took long walks out in the forest beside the gym. He usually went to do that when Red clouded his mind too much.

People told him he was obsessed, since he apparently seemed to speak of Red often, but that wasn't true at all! As if he could be obsessed with that man...The man he thought was a friend till he said those words on his parting day.

"I never thought of you as a friend, Green. Never."

When he uttered those words it appeared as if he were struggling, Green didn't take much notice to it at the time though. He felt this burning sweep through him, his jaw clenched as those words tore through him. "You never liked me?! Then why hang around me so much?!"

Red remained looking at him with that expressionless face, oh how it just pissed Green off. How could that guy stand to always appear as that? Yet once again, Green swore he saw a faint flicker in those red eyes, but it was easily ignored for it quickly vanished, "Never as a friend."

He repeated Green narrowed his bright, emerald eyes. "I'm going to be leaving for a while, Green; I have a favor to ask of you."

"Going where?!" Green couldn't help, but be curious, though Red ignored his question,

"I need you to take care of the gym, act as a leader till I return."

Green scoffed, "And why would I do that?"

Red for once smiled, but that smile didn't reach his crimson eyes, "You don't want the gym to fail." Red turned to leave, but he paused in his step, "Oh and...Please don't go chasing after any girls."

"HUH?!"

And after that he left, and hasn't been back since. It'd had only been about a year or so...Green thought he'd be back by now, but it seems that 'a while' for Red is much longer than that of other people.

Green soon found out Red's destination, Mount Silver, from some of the women that had been gossiping in town. He heard Red's name mentioned and had to hear about it, Green doubted it at first, but supposed it was believable, that's where all the good trainers went after the elite four, to go and test their strength against the elements or something like that. Green would have liked to gone there, but...He was stuck here, taking care of a gym that wasn't even his. And to be truthful, he wasn't even sure as to why he was here in the first place. He didn't care about this place...that much.

Red. Red. Red.

It was all Green thought about, he didn't seem to realize it, but everyone else did and they were getting sick of his constant grumbling about the man and his hat.

But...Don't you typically grumble about rivals anyway?

Green stood from his seat, he had grown sick of his thoughts it was finally time to go and burn off some steam. He yanked his coat from the rack and ran out of his office,

"I'm going out for a bit guys, if a challenger appears tell him to wait or come back later depending on the time! -I'll try and come back today."

"You shouldn't keep your challengers waiting, Green."

Green froze, he knew that voice. He turned sharply to the door, staring at that slender figure, though it appeared bulky with all the clothing he wore.

"Red...?" Green breathed, taking slow steps forward. The man's face was hidden by a red scarf, yet he could see those red eyes and raven colored strands of hair poking out from under that familiar hat.

"We're you just going out? May I join you?"

Green felt his eyebrows furrow, Red never wanted his company. Besides they weren't even friends, yet for whatever reason Green nodded his head, "Alright..."

---

Ahaha, my first Pokemon fanfic. xD I don't usually write these? Eehhh...Hopefully I didn't get anything wrong with these two. e-e But yeah, this is going to have a few parts to it~