🌹 The Offerings

Start from the beginning

   "What the hell are you crying about now?" A younger version of Gabbriel looked up at the sneering comment of one of her guildmates. Her red eyes were filled with tears and she could feel her brother pull on their bond worryingly, sensing her sadness.

   ". . . " She looked away in shame, sniffling. "Metalicana. . ."

   "Oh, your dragon, huh?" The group cackled. "Well, sweetie, sorry to break it to you, but dragons. Aren't. Real."

   "Yes they are!!" Gabbriel shouted, standing up. "Dragons are real!! That's how my brother and I learned our m-magic!"

The boys shoved each other, laughing all the while. "Then where is he?! Metallian, or whatever!"

   "Metalicana. . ." Gabbriel mumbled. "And he's gone. . .He disappeared on me and Gajeel. . ."

   "So he left you, willingly." Another guy pointed out with venom. "That means he doesn't want you."

   "I can see why," The first guy laughed, picking up Gabbriel's scrawny arm and waving her around. "Who would want this little shit? Her brother isn't much better!"

   "You can talk bad about me all you want, but don't say a word about my brother!!" Gabbriel shouted, kicking her legs wildly in the air. It hit their marks, hitting the guy holding her in the gut and making him fall down in surprise.

   "G-Get her!!"

Gabbriel backed up with wide eyes before turning around and dashing off, hearing feet trample after her. She yanked on her bond with Gajeel rapidly, sending scared emotions and signals of help.

After running for more than ten minutes, Gabbriel was starting to give up when a voice caught her attention.

   "Psst! Gabbey!!"

She turned around to see identical red eyes staring at her from within some tree leaves. It was Gajeel, and he was a good couple meters off the ground.

   "Come on, climb up! You gotta hurry, they're gaining on you!"

Nodding tiredly, Gabbriel started towards the tree and tried to pull herself up. Her arms shook with fatigue and just as she was about to slip, Gajeel gripped her wrist and yanked her up to the branch he was on.

   "Shh." He hushed quietly, putting a hand over her mouth. The two of them stayed deadly quiet, hearing the bushes under them rustle.

   "Where'd she go!?"

   "That lil shit!"

   "Come on, I think she went this way!"

Their loud footsteps ran away from them - making the twins hold their breath for good measure. As soon as their advanced hearing didn't hear them anymore, the two of them sighed out in relief.

   "Gee, Gabbey, what'd you do this time?" Gajeel teased but dropped his smirk once he noticed his sister's forlorn expression. "Were you think about him?"

  "Gajeel, what if Metalicana did abandon us because I was weak." Gabbey whimpered, confirming his thoughts.

  "Hey, Hey now." Gajeel cooed - a bit awkwardly - before bringing Gabbey into a hug. "We both know you're really strong! Your on par with me, and you barely know Dragon Slaying magic! You have your Metal-make thing to make you stronger as well!!"