Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Author's Note: Ok so I realized that this book is gonna be short lol. But I do plan on writing another book as a sequel so don't worry. Thank you so much for reading my book! I'm amazed about how popular it is.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^I feel that it is necessary to say that death is mentioned in this chapter. Nothing crazy, but just a warning.^

*Kiera's POV*

Before I left to get into a jet with Black Widow and Hawkeye, I went into my room to retrieve my necklace. I went to my closet and pushed some uniforms away. Hidden in the back were the boxes from my coronation ceremony.

I put on my necklace and tucked it under my shirt. I didn't want it to get in my way while I fought, but I also wanted my parents to be close to me. I remembered that I was fighting for my clan, not just the world.

I began to walk down the hall when I heard whispering and papers being shuffled. A door ahead of me was slightly cracked open and I decided to be a little nosey. I quietly snuck up along the wall and began to listen outside the strange voices. The voices weren't recognizable to me, so I assumed they had to be some agents I had never met.

"So...they killed her parents huh?" A female voice said.

"Yeah, they said she needed some incentive so keep fighting. Now this paper says her parents knew that she was going to be recruited eventually. They basically signed her life away to save the world." A young male voice said.

They know who killed my parents? They never told me?!

I felt a surge of anger flow through me and I stormed to where the jets were stored. I saw my pilots waiting in the cockpit and I climbed aboard. I sat down on a seat and then Steve joined us. He sat down next to me, but hesitated in speaking.

"Kiera. You have claws...and your uniform has some scratches." Steve said with concern.

I looked down. Sure enough, my pants had light scratches and my jacket and some too.

"Kiera? Are you ok?" Steve asked.

The jet lurched forward and I felt hot tears fall down my face. I realized I had started crying and I looked at Steve.

His face was covered with his mask, but his emotion still showed through. His body language was full of concern and love. He put his arm around my shoulders and leaned his head on mine.

"I overheard people talking about my parents...They have documentation of who killed them. They never told me. Also, my parents knew that something like this would happen and they agreed to have me join the team." I said in an emotionless voice.

Steve pulled away. He was shocked. "Are you sure?"

"Absolutely. Now I need to fight to keep my clan safe. After this I'm returning to my home so I can rule my people." I said using a dull tone.

The rest of the flight was silent, until Hawkeye announced we had arrived. He also said Tony had provoked Loki, so the battle was about to get more intense.

*Steve's POV*

I didn't want Kiera to leave. Maybe I could come with her and live in her clan. Would they accept me?

I was already nervous about the battle, but hearing Kiera use that tone made me more nervous. She seemed a little too serious to be going into battle.

"Hey, Hawkeye? Loki does magic right?" I heard Kiera ask.

"Yea, he does. I have first hand experience with it. I don't recommend messing with it. Why do you ask?" Hawkeye replied.

"Drop me off where he is. Maybe I can talk to him. We both have magic involved in our cultures so maybe he'll listen to me." Kiera said as she stood up and headed toward the back of the jet.

Before Hawkeye could reply, Black Widow yelled out a location, pushed a button and gave Kiera a thumbs up. The door opened and Kiera jumped out, without a parachute!

I jumped up and ran to the back, but the door was already closing. I shouted for her, but I saw a bird fly from underneath the jet and I felt a wave of relief flow through me.

*Kiera's POV*

I flew with a purpose toward Stark Tower. It wasn't hard to find for two reasons:

1. It has a huge blue colored stream going toward the sky.

2. It has STARK in big lights on the side.

I saw a tall man in gold and green armor inside the building. I landed on the balcony and changed into my human form. I began to walk toward the opening of the building, but Loki was already at the opening.

"Well well, a human who can change form. You and I already have something in common." Loki's voice was deep and had hints of mischief in it. His eyes were full of life and were scanning me up and down.

"I convinced my team members to drop me off so I could talk to you. I thought that because I have magic in my culture, you would listen to me." I said and I straightened my back to appear taller.

He chuckled and moved his scepter to his left hand. "My dear mortal, I believe you're underestimating my power."

With his right hand he gently placed it on my cheek, and I felt something surge through me. I closed my eyes and tried to back away, but when I opened my eyes I was back home.

The house was silent and I looked around my room. My room was exactly the same, not an object out of place. Suddenly, a scream from outside pierced the air. I sprinted through the house and out the front door. When I stepped outside, I saw my clan members and people in black suits fighting.

I heard something in the air and I saw a black dot fly quickly down toward the earth. When it was close it stopped, and I couldn't believe it.

It was a jet with the S.H.I.E.L.D logo on it.

I realized that I was witnessing the massacre of my clan and what was probably the end of my parents life as well. My clan was also gone.

They killed my parents and my clan so they can keep me here. That's why Nick Fury needed my DNA. They want me to a permanent weapon. And who knows, maybe when they have what they need they'll kill me too.

I was suddenly zapped back to Stark tower. Loki gently removed his hand.

"I saw your memory from the room with the 2 agents earlier. When I had Hawkeye under my control I had seen documents that concerned you. They killed your family so they can trap you. Yet you still fight for them?" Loki asked.

I was shocked. I felt the urge to cry, but I refused to le the tears fall. Suddenly, a dark feeling came over me and I looked up at Loki.

"My Elders told me stories about you and Thor. It was always fascinating to me." I said with a dark undertone.

I felt drawn to this Norse God. He was charming, but seemed to be hiding some things. I still liked Steve, but if Hawkeye knew that my clan was killed, did Steve know as well?

I didn't feel romantically attracted to Loki. No, I felt like this man knew what he wanted.

He wants power.

I want revenge.

*Loki's POV*

I had shown her the truth, of course. Her clan truly was gone and she was the sole survivor. But I had seen all the negative and dark memories, and I let them loose in her.

Her eyes had a dark tint to them and she now spoke in a low, smoky voice. I had succeeded in letting her dark side take over. She was now basically my slave. Whatever I said, she would do.

I smirked, "They limited your powers. Let's show them what you're really capable of."