Fury's Request

*Steve POV*

After Natasha accidently spilled Kiera's secret she had walked out and I assumed she went to her room. I sat down on my bed and began to think about Kiera. She was young and had her entire life ahead of her. I wasn't even sure if she wanted to stay on the Avengers team after the battle. Truthfully, I felt worried about my feelings. I had only felt this way about one other woman...

I decided to try to get to sleep and then talk with Kiera tomorrow. I got under my sheets and I slowly fell asleep.

*Kiera POV*

I walked out from the gym feeling sweaty, tired, and satisfied. I had woken up really early and couldn't get to sleep, so I decided to work on training. As I walked toward the kitchen I stopped to think about what I had done. I had just worked out because I couldn't sleep. This team was really changing my life, but for the good of course.

I decided to grab something quick to eat and then head back to my room, but I saw him in the kitchen.

Steve was facing the doorway I had just walked into. I had a feeling he had been waiting for me. I gave a small smile and walked toward him. I was going to grab an apple to keep me satisfied till after I had showered, but Steve was blocking the fruit that was on the counter.

"Looked like you were working pretty hard in the gym." Steve said as I tried to get the fruit behind him.

I nodded and said, "Excuse me Steve. I need to grab the apple that's behind you." He turned around and grabbed it for me and handed it to me. I looked at his eyes and I could tell he was thinking. His eyes showed more life and happiness than normal and I wondered what had happened to him recently that caused him to feel that much joy.

"Would you like to spend time together today?" Steve quickly asked.

I wasn't expecting that. I remembered what Black Widow had said to me and I debated what I should do.

"I was wondering if we could get to know each other better, that's all." Steve said quickly. He noticed my hesitation and was probably regretting the question he asked me.

"Yea. That would be fun. I just need to get ready!" I replied with a smile. Getting to know a teammate wouldn't count as showing emotion and she did say during battle to not show emotion so...loopholes.

Steve looked at me and said, "Of course. We can meet at the front of the Helicarrier."

I exited the kitchen and I ran to my room. I hopped into the shower and cleaned myself as fast as possible. I wrapped a towel around my body and quickly picked out a simple, but nice outfit. I french braided my hair so it would be out of my face, but it would be nice later, when it was dry.

I applied some simple makeup and left my room and walked to the front control center. I saw Steve with Fury talking about something, but I was too far away to hear it. "Time to abuse my powers and use them to be nosy",I thought.

I walked slowly and pretended to look around. I stopped in an opening and listened.

"...She is more powerful than we thought." muttered Fury, "She will make a difference in the battle I know it. If only we could harness her energy..."

"Director Fury, we can't use Kiera's powers against her will. Her energy is in her DNA. You can't take DNA and use it as a weapon." Steve snapped back.

"Maybe in your time, Cap. But this is now. We could use more people like her in the world. Now I heard someone has developed feelings for a certain girl, and I think that you can help us. When you guys walk around try to get a hair off of her. I don't care how you get it, just get it." Fury pushed something into Steve's hand. I assumed it had to be a container of some kind.

"I won't do it. Kiera is too young to be made into a weapon!" I could hear the large amount of concern in Steve's voice and I was amazed that he would stand up for me so strongly.

"If you won't do it, then I'll have another S.H.I.E.L.D. agent do it for me...and they may not be the nicest person. These orders came from higher up, if you understand what I'm saying. I don't want Kiera to be suspicious so I want you to do this." Fury spoke in a low voice, but I couldn't hear any sympathy or concern in his voice.

Fury walked off with confidence. I turned my powers off and walked over to Steve as he put the container from Fury away.

"Hey! You ready?" I asked with happy optimism. Steve quickly turned to look at me, his eyes full of worry and clearly trying to make a decision. His face however, showed relief and looked perfectly happy.

Steve decided to give me a tour of the Helicarrier and we spoke about ourselves. He talked about his past and about Brooklyn and about his friend Bucky and a girl who really helped him become the man he is now. Her name was Peggy and she really reminded me of Elder Annabelle. He talked about how he's adapted to life after he woke up and somethings he misses from when he was younger.

I told him about my family and my family's history. I told him our traditions and spoke about funny stories about my clan.

"So...you're all born with powers?" Steve asked. I thought for a moment before answering.

"Yes, but everyone's powers have different strong points. Fore example my family is very good at running. We have excellent endurance, but other members of our clan are better climbers...etc.." I explained.

"Are you all good, or are some of you evil? I'm sure you know that people use powers for evil as well as good. I'm curious." Steve slowly moved closer to me.

We had stopped walking and sat down in an empty lab room. Steve had explained that the Avengers had first met in the lab before Loki had escaped. I knew he was trying to grab a strand of my hair and I was kind of glad my hair was braided.

"I can't say that we have 'evil' members of our clan. We have people who are meaner then others or ruder than others, but no one I could describe as evil. Maybe we do have evil people, but they haven't been revealed yet." I said as I faced him.

*Steve POV*

I felt guilty for asking the evil person question. Truthfully, I was trying to find a way for me to feel less guilty about getting what Fury needs me to get. Kiera turned and looked at me. She looked so beautiful. She was young and happy. She hasn't seen what the real world was like.

"Steve, I'm scared to fight. I'm worried about what could happen to the team. I'm worried about what could happen to me." Kiera said. Her voice was shaky and full of worry. I felt bad for her.

"It'll be ok. I promise I wont let anything happen to you." I pulled Kiera into a hug and she wrapped her arms around me. She gently pulled back and gave a small smile.

We made eye contact and I couldn't hold it back anymore.

"Kiera, Natasha told me you liked me. I need to tell you that I have feelings for you too. Doll, if you'll let me...I would like to kiss you know." I said in a gentle tone.

Kiera broke into a smile and nodded. "I would love that."

I gently put my hand on the side of her face and when our lips touched I felt that I could do anything in the world as long as Kiera was right with me.