Monster

*Kiera POV*

I felt cold. As I opened my eyes I realized I was still in my room, but everything was silent. Eerily silent.  

I slid out of bed and padded out of my room on my tip toes. I slid my door open and began to quickly walk down the hall. The hallways were darker than normal and I wondered if I had woken up so early that everyone was asleep. I began a brisk walk and decided to get Steve and to make sure he was ok. I got tired of walking and ran to his room and quietly knocked on his door. I didn't hear anything and knocked a little louder.

"Ok, breath." I whispered to myself. "Just open the door and ask him to help you investigate. Well, I don't really know if anything is wrong...but it's better to be safe than sorry!"

I slid his door open and was met with a feeling of dread. Steve's room was in shambles. The drawers had been opened and ransacked. His bed was even flipped off the frame and the pillows were torn with claw marks. I walked into his room and changed my ears so I could hear things better. I realized that the sheets from his bed were dragged onto a side of the room and followed them. I wasn't sure why his room was much bigger than mine, but I felt a slight ting of jealousy but I quickly pushed that aside.

I followed the trail of sheets as the fabric became more and more ripped and then realized the trail led into his closet. I slowly stepped forward and felt something wet on my foot. As I looked down, I recognized the scent before I even saw it.

Blood.

I surged forward and opened the closet door and it sung open to reveal Steve and the other team members cowering in the corner trying to stop Steve's wounds from bleeding more.

Steve let out and grunt of pain and looked up and gasped. "You." He snapped.

The team slowly turned and Natasha flung herself forward and held me down. I struggled and tried to escape, but it was no use. She was stronger than I was.

"Guys? What's happening?" I whimpered as I tried to speak with limited air flow. Tony let out a sound of disgust.

"You should know exactly what's going on. You're the one who did this." As he spoke, he mentioned to Steve who was slowly trying to stand up. Tony propped him up and continued to lecture me.

"You're a monster! Why Fury would ever let you on the team is a complete mystery. You attacked your own team member while he slept! With a battle literally approaching, we need everyone we can get. We can't have a unstable, dangerous thing with us. Go back to the forest where you can attack innocent hikers or something..." Tony spat at me. He helped Steve out and let Natasha with me.

She pushed me up and carried me to the front of the Helicarrier. She gave me a smirk and said, "You can run like a wolf no problem. Let's see how well you can fly."

I wiggled to escape her grasp, but I was too slow. She threw me out of the window and I screamed as I tried to hold onto anything as I fell, what felt like in slow motion, toward the Earth below.