Wow...She's cool.

*Steve POV*

"Yes! Excellent Kiera!" Tony shouted as Kiera bounded across the gym in her wolf form attacking a training dummy with unexpected aggression for a young girl.

*Around 30 minutes ago*

Kiera had explained more about her powers when we had entered the gym. I remember looking around and seeing our "team". Natasha, Tony, Kiera, Thor (He left shortly after to try to find the Dr. Banner), Hawkeye (He came back with a bandage around his head, but insisted on training anyways), and myself. She explained that her clan had been around since the age of the dinosaurs, but hadn't formally formed until the early 1900's. Her clan's main animal is the wolf, but she can shapeshift into any living creature she wants. She has been training for nearly 10 years, but still learns new things everyday. She finished with saying that she is happy to be a part of this team and looks forward to working with us.

Tony had snickered towards the end and muttered to me, "Typical youth. Always positive." I looked at him and then looked back and Kiera. She was so bubbly despite her recent loss, but I suppose this was how she was raised, to show no weakness. She had these eyes that seemed to show nothing but happiness and her dark hair made them pop. She was short, but powerful. Yet I felt drawn to her. She seemed nice and was rather funny.

"Hey capsicle!" I looked up with a start. Tony was looking at me with a smug look. "It's your turn. Show us what you got grandpa."

I walked toward the center of the gym where Natasha was waiting. I saw Kiera walk towards Hawkeye and formally introduce herself. I then felt a smack and felt the cold floor on my face. Natasha quickly bent down and helped me up. "A little distracted there, Cap?" She asked with a smirk.

"Steve are you ok?" I heard Kiera shout. Tony was in a corner laughing and Hawkeye smiled a little before wincing from a small pain.

Maria Hill walked in and sighed. "I think that's enough for now. It's been a busy day."

The team began to file out and Kiera rushed over to me. "Are you ok? That looked like it hurt!" I shrugged, and reassured her that I was fine. I walked to my room and dropped Kiera off at her room because her room was in the corridor next to mine. As I entered my room I exhaled deeply and laid on my bed. I felt something I hadn't felt in a long time, and I thought that I could have never felt it again. I wondered if Kiera had felt it to because she had been to kind and...

I shook my head and though to myself, "No, she's being nice. We're basically her family now." I changed into pajamas and curled up under the covers.

*Kiera's POV*

I shut my door and ran into my bathroom and immediately started a shower. As I washed my body I got lost in thought. What was I feeling? Did I have a crush on a fellow teammate? 

As my mind began to wonder I hadn't noticed that I had began to scrub my body extremely hard, like I was trying to scrub something away that was hard to remove. I felt a sharp pain and realized I had accidently clawed myself. I remember a fond memory of my mother after I came crying to her when I was young. I was 13 and had accidently clawed myself while trying to scrub away my emotions, in the shower, after my crush had rejected me during a clan bonfire to celebrate my parents wedding anniversary. My mother had hushed me and pulled me onto my lap. (Remember I was 13 so I was extremely embarrassed) and she told me that everything was going to be fine and life moves on. She told me about a boy who had also broken her heart, but she knew that there are plenty of fish in the sea. And she had met my dad later that day.

I gently stepped out of the shower with a towel wrapped around my body and put on pajamas. I found a first aid kit shoved in the back of the closet and addressed my wound. I then lazily curled into a ball under the covers to try to forget whatever I had felt toward Steve earlier that day.