A Secret History by warholhp

Genre: Angst
Rating: NC 17
Word Count: 20k
Warnings: This is tricky. I'd really prefer not to warn in this case, as discovery is important, but I wouldn't want to traumatize anybody. There's nothing groundbreakingly shocking here, but if you're quite sensitive either don't read or highlight the warnings attached in the website where the fiction is posted.
Tags: Established relationship, Disability!fic, Nurse/Caring

Summary:

A secret history is a version of history at odds with commonly accepted historical narrative, a history claimed to have been deliberately suppressed or forgotten. Harry Potter, struggling to make a life for himself after the war, is about to discover his.

Quotes:

After the war, the Healers told him that some people's minds were more porous than others, and that he simply had a tendency to forget things. Hermione had sniped about the inferiority of wizarding mental-health-care, but she had offered no suggestions – he couldn't possibly explain his situation to a Muggle doctor. Since he forgets anything from inconsequential details to potentially major traumas, after all, there is no way of knowing whether the forgotten memories are even that important, so the Healers' advice – not to get too fussed about it – seemed basically sound.

In the four years since the war's end, Harry has learned not to get too fussed about a lot of things. It's best for everybody that way.

 It's best for everybody that way

Art by trowcia
|Deviantart