Bond by AnnaFugazzi

Bond by AnnaFugazzi

Genre: Romance, Drama
Rating: NC-17
Word count: 173,499
Tags: Hogwarts era, War time, bond!fic, OOC

Summary:

Yet another one of those Harry And Draco Are Forced To Be Together By Something Beyond Their Control And Then Stuff Happens Leading To Twoo Wuv stories.

Author's Notes:

I started to write this before HBP came out, and crossed my fingers that HBP wouldn't make it totally non-canon. No such luck, I'm afraid. This, therefore, is an AU story, where (SPOILER) still teaches (SPOILER), (SPOILER) didn't try to (SPOILER), (SPOILER) didn't succeed in (SPOILER), (SPOILER) never dated (SPOILER), and most importantly, (MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS) never happened.

Hee. I think I had a little too much fun writing the above ;)

So this starts around the end of September of an AU seventh year. I was also assuming that Lucius Malfoy wouldn't be in prison very long, what with his various connections with influential people, so he's here too.

Quotes:

"You are just feigning abject stupidity, right? To fool the rest of us into a false sense of superiority?"

"Please. They're Gryffindors. Their idea of a dastardly plot is 'let's work really hard and endanger our lives for no good reason'."

"Although, come to think of it, Malfoys weren't terribly fearless, when you came down to it. Astute and cunning and calculating, yes, but they usually preferred to leave fearlessness to lesser, more expendable people - like, say, Gryffindors."

"Go to hell," Draco hissed.
"Already there, thanks."

"It had to do with the two of them overcoming everything they were up against and being able to build something together. Something bloody amazing."

"A lot of what he was feeling was only due to the bond spell, he tried to remind himself firmly. Just a spell. The feelings of trust and tenderness and togetherness - yes, they felt wonderful and genuine, but they didn't necessarily mean anything. He and Malfoy might be spouses, but they were not really friends, not really lovers. All of this could very well wear off eventually. It could.
But in the meantime... it felt unbelievable."

"No," Malfoy murmured. "No, don't - you don't have to get off, you're not that heavy."
"I'm not crushing you?"
"No. Just feels warm. Nice," Malfoy murmured sleepily. "Like I'm safe."

" "Mr. Potter, is there something you would like to share with the class, or should I just take ten points from Gryffindor?"
"No sir," Harry said. "I mean, yes sir. Sorry." He turned to his notes and elbowed Malfoy lightly. "See?" he murmured. "He still hates me more than you. Isn't that worth a smile?"
And Malfoy gave a small chuckle before bending his head back to his work."

"