20 : b l a c k

CHAPTER TWENTY : BLACK

I ran down the hall as soon as I heard the doorbell ring. I bumped into Ferris on the way to the door but I didn't even give him a second glance. I know, rude much. But I couldn't care less about him, even if his white shirt was now covered in brown, gooey chicken gravy...

Ever since I got a text from my sister saying that she would be able to make it to dinner, I've been waiting in the living room, anxiously. I haven't seen her since the accident with mom occurred and I had no idea if she had changed at all.

I know, why would I care about Zoe? A few months ago, I hated her with a passion and now, I can't wait to see her. She my only family left and she's been through everything I've been through except the whole Miller problem since she's already twenty-one.

I opened the door to feel the gush of the chilly wind touch my bare arms. I look at the newly arrived visitor to see Alex and Lexi and I frowned. I muttered a hello and merry Christmas, then led them in the house.

I went back to the living room with Alex while Lexi was helping in the kitchen. Apparently, she didn't want to hang around guys and she really like to cook. I, on the other hand, was too lazy to help with the kitchen tasks and I had no problem hanging out with the guys.

I mean, yes, they are incredibly annoying and yes, they are super flirtatious and perverted but they are my friends, no matter how idiotic they are. Plus, I don't mind being surrounded by Greek Gods.

The doorbell dinged once again and I got off the couch, as if it was on fire, and ran towards the front door. I open the door to see a familiar pair of blue eyes staring at me back. Wait, my sister's eyes were hazel brown, not blue. Stupid Crawford.

I narrowed my eyes at the unwanted visitor and shut the door on his face. I may seem like a bitch to him but he was one me back. He called me a lot of mean things when I rejected him and he had no right to say anything like that to me. Especially since I didn't do anything wrong.

"Who was at the door?" Jen shouted from the kitchen.

"No one important." I casually replied.

I plopped back down on the couch I was sitting on earlier and turned on the TV while the boys were debating which sport was better, basketball or soccer. Reece did add football but all of them brushed him off saying that they all know that football tops both basketball and soccer off.

I couldn't help but stare at Jason's ring pop, wanting to steal it from him. I think Zoe and Jason would make a good couple. Jason has that bad boy thing going on and Zoe is bad girl-ish. I mean, she has been to juvie for under aged drinking plus she was drunk driving. She was there for two years, hence her being two years behind in school.

Though, I don't know if she digs boys with pink hair... I personally don't think anything's wrong with electric pink hair, it's just too bright but they will nevertheless, look good together but with the thought of my sister dating one of my friends is just awkward and weird.

"Aubrey, were you listening to us?" Ferris said, somewhat looking amused. He was now wearing a blue shirt, probably Reece's shirt.

I shook my head and sheepishly smiled. "What were you guys saying?"

"What's better, soccer or basketball?" Reece asked.

Before I would respond, Mason interrupted me, "Bro, what could she possibly know about sports?"

I glared at him and raised my hand. "I have three things to say. One, you are being completely sexist right now and second, I prefer basketball rather than soccer. And three, why won't you try me?"