18 : s e r i o u s l y

CHAPTER FIFTEEN : SERIOUSLY

**RECAP**

I let out a small laugh. "It's fine." I looked at them. "Who are you guys to Reece anyways?" I asked.

"Us?" Ferris asked, dumbly, while gesturing to the three of them.

"No, I meant the two sofas in the living room." I sarcastically said.

Jason chuckled in amusement. "We're his best friends!" He answered. "Right, Reece?" He said, looking at Reece.

Reece let out a puff and rolled his eyes. "Just friends." He said to me, giving me a tight smile.

"Just friends? Bro, we're not only your friends, we're colleagues!" Jason said.

"Colleagues? In what?" I asked, cocking my head to the right, in confusion.

"R, she's seriously adorable!" Harisoe said, making me slightly blush, again. "In our syndicate."

What the fuck?!

**PRESENTLY**

I narrowed my eyes at the three of them then I looked at Reece who looked... Guilty? Nervous? I don't know but what I do know is that this could either be a complete lie or the truth. I mean, if it was a lie, why would Reece look nervous or guilty? But if it was the truth, why didn't Reece tell me about it? I practically told the guy everything!

He knows everything about me! He has seen me in worse and yet he couldn't tell me about this? It's not even that bad of a secret! A lot of typical bad boys join gangs all the time and I'm not exactly surprised at the fact that he joined one. I'm surprised- no, I'm mad at the fact that he never told me about this!

If he told me this earlier, I would've been a supportive friend and I would have not judged him about it. IT'S JUST A FREAKING GANG! That he could possibly get in huge fights and have huge problems that could let him end up dead or in jail... Okay, now I know why he didn't tell me earlier; he didn't want me to worry.

I could've yelled at him for not telling me, or scream for fear. I could've tried to persuade him to leave the gang because it was dangerous to be part of one. I could've a lot of negative things that will lead to Reece and I having an argument about something so useless.

Instead, I walked over to him and gave him a hug. I could tell he was completely surprised at my action because he stiffened. I think he thought that I would get mad at him. Well, I was mad at him but it's not like I was going to show it and be a complete brat.

It took him a few seconds before he hugged me back. He must've been thinking: 'Why the hell was she hugging me when I was practically hiding such a huge secret from her? Why is she not yelling?'

I pulled away and looked straight into his eyes and I saw his facial expression was a mix of joy and relief. It was easy to read his expression since he was smiling like a kid during Christmas who got the toy he always wanted.

"You know, you could've told me." I pointed out.

He chuckled and shook his head. "Well, where would the fun in that be?"

I smacked him behind his head, causing him to wince in pain then rubbed the spot. "Don't be such a violent cupcake!" he whined.

I heard laughter behind me which caused me to turn around, only to see the three idiots laughing their ass off. I scrunched my eyes in confusion. Why were they laughing? "Why are the three stooges laughing?" I asked Reece.

He shrugged and looked at them. They might've heard me because their laughter was quickly replaced with a scowl, making me stifle a laugh. But as soon as they saw me and Reece, they had a small smile, except Harisoe who had a small smirk.