1 : s t r a w b e r r y

CHAPTER ONE: STRAWBERRY

I'm in San Francisco...

I'm just running away from my horrible past. At least I'm new here. I am the new girl. I can start fresh! Yes. Nobody knows me here. No Dylan. No Kayla. No anybody.

I check my phone and just to say I am pretty impressed. 54 missed calls, 26 text messages and 9 voicemails. All from Kayla except one text. That one text was from Dylan. ONE TEXT! Wow... I don't even want to open it!

"Whatcha doin' sissy?" Zoe asked from behind me.

"Just checking my phone" I sighed.

"Are you okay?" Wow pfft! Since when did you care about mwah?

I nodded.

"Hey, I know I'm not the best sister in the world" you got that right "but it bothers me that you're, err well, in your present situation and I want to know what happened"

"Since when did you care?" I asked lifting an eyebrow.

"Aubrey I always cared about you it's just that—"

"Aubrey! Zoe! Family meeting !" My mom interrupted.

Great timing. Just great.

We gathered around in the living room in our new apartment. Honestly, it's not as big as my previous house but I somehow find it cozier. Zoe and I sat on the couch as we stare at our mom pacing in front of us. Oh no! Did we do anything wrong? Are we in trouble? My mom holds out a brown manila envelope but doesn't open it.

"Since we moved here, of course there will be rules. The two of you will be going back to school on Monday and the usual, don't get in trouble, don't skip school, don't go to parties on school days —you would NOT want the consequences that comes after on a school day— and of course, always use protection"

"Gross" I said the same time Zoe said "Ew".

"Now do I make myself clear?"

We both nodded simultaneously.

"Good" and with that she walked away.

*~*~*~*

Why do I feel wet? Did I wet myself in my sleep?

I opened my eyes just to see my sister laughing her ass off at me. I am wet! Ugh!

"What the hell Zo!" I yelled, glaring at her.

Zoe laughed. "You look like a strawberry blonde wet sheepdog!" What the heck does that even mean? Can a sheepdog even be strawberry blonde? Isn't my hair more in the ginger side? I'm barely a blonde... Sometimes I wonder how we were related.

"Get out of my room!"

"Oh, don't be such a sourpuss" Zoe cooed.

I give her a death glare. If looks could kill, she would be six feet under.

"Fine!" She said skipping —yes skipping— out of my room. Gosh! And sometimes I wonder how she's the older one amongst the two of us.

I groaned as I got out of bed. Oh my gosh, it was freezing! San Francisco is so cold! I ran straight to the bathroom, locking myself in before Zoe could get in. The bathroom is so much warmer than my room. And plus, I am glad that I was first. I mean this apartment has four bedrooms and one bathroom. Of course, we have to fight our way to the bathroom. I take a quick shower and towel dry my hair. Once I'm pretty much done, I applied light make up and left the bathroom.