Useless Slave (3).

I'm starting with Mitch's POV, because it just seems easier, in a way, to build up suspense and angst :)

~~~

Mitch's POV

"Where's Master Scott?" I ask Avi after the weird encounter two days ago.

I haven't seen him in his study or in the mornings.

"Not sure. Maybe ask Kirst or Alex." Avi gave me a small smile as he continued to cook lunch for us.

"Okay. I'll do that now." I smile back alittle.

As I turned around, he stopped me by pulling me back and pressing our lips together. I kissed back immediately.

His lips were... warm. A little chapped but that didn't matter.

"See you later." He says once we broke the kiss.

Avi "was straight." He's experimenting with me and I am more than willing to help him figure out his attraction. He's done so much for me.

But we don't like each other. Let's get that clear.

"Mitch! Do you need money? Does Avi need money?" Ma'am Kirstin came up to me with pieces of paper in her hands while she looked through with furrowed brows.

The habit of calling her Ma'am just sort of stuck. I just liked being around Avi. But I know she's a really nice person. At least I hope so.

"No Ma'am but Avi might need it for groceries. Do you know where Master Scott is?" I asked fiddling with my fingers.

She looked up from the sheets of paper.

"He left two days ago."

What?

"Huh?"

"He gave me a lot of money and left. He didn't seem to be in a very good mood either. I'm starting to get a little worried." Kirstin shook her head slightly.

I managed to take a peek at the papers she was holding. The date dated back to a few months ago.

'Kath Moore and Scott Hoying's arrangement. If this were to happen, Hoying household will gain over half of Moore's assets and la-'

Ass-ets? Ar-ran-ge-me--

I didn't see anymore after as Kirstin folded the paper in half.

"Did he look... Sad?" I asked feeling a tug at the heartstrings. I miss him... But no. He's my master, I'm the slave who got lucky.

"He did. Do you know why?" She looked at me, squinting her eyes slightly.

Could it have been the encounter? He walked in that morning and right before Avi was about to leave, he just ran out. He said he wanted to talk to me. And honestly, I was excited to finally get the chance to be alone with him. I didn't care if he was going to whip me or to degrade me. I just miss him. But he left.

Could it be because of the kiss? I mean, Master doesn't love me. He wouldn't love a useless slave. So that couldn't have been it.

"No ma'am." I say softly.

"Well okay then. Let's go to Avi."

~

"Mitch, you have to eat. I made this with love and rainbo-" He stopped as he shook his head amused. "Is it possible to just start radiating gay all of the sudden?"

That line made me let out a laugh.

"Of course. You're becoming more gay, maybe you don't need my help anymore." I say as I tried to push the plate of steak away.