Chapter 18: Part 3 Tempted

Title: Switching Places Chapter 18: Part 3 Tempted
Fandom: Kiss By The Baddest Bidder & Metro PD: Close To You
Rated: Drama, Thriller, Angst, Fluff, Smut, Mystery?
MPD's MC: Mika HIJIKATA
KBTBB's MC: Mia SAKATA (reference)
Characters: Eisuke, Soryu, Mamoru, Baba, Ota

Notes: 2 more chapters (sort of...)

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

After watching her for some time, (20 minutes to be exact) Eisuke heads to his bedroom and locks the sliding door. Opening his safe with a paper folder in his hand, this would be the third time he's reading it or maybe more. He can't remember, 5 glasses of whiskey do that to your brain.

"Mika Hijikata" it says in the profile, detective at metro pd. Kishi doesn't seem to recognize her, the guy rarely spends time at his precinct, let alone meeting others. Seriously, that damn slacker needs to go to work. Mia's name is nowhere to be found but it does states that Mika has a sister. She graduated with top grades throughout high school to the academy, been trained in Hong Kong, Korea, England and New York. There's a five years gap after her graduation till two years ago when she got assigned to the second unit which didn't make sense- why was an elite transferred to a b team? And where was she for that five years? His guy couldn't find anything and that's odd, he always got what Eisuke asked for.

There's nothing new for him to discover, he's aware of that and yet his eyes are still glue to her photos, so confident, brave and adventurous. So different. Hasn't he always found Mia's shyness amusing? Isn't it why he enjoy teasing her? She has turned his world upside down, showing him what love is and how it changes him, slowly but significantly.

Mika, she's been getting under his skin the moment she sets foot in his home; challenging him, testing his limits day after day. Eisuke Ichinomiya- the king of the Ichinomiya's empire, one of the most influential man in Japan- is tempted. She's like a tornado, an immutable force of nature against which even he has no chance of resistance.

His fingertips traces the outline of her lips from the photo, why does someone with the spitting image of Mia has a completely different vibe? They look identical but he sees a side of her that he'd never find in Mia. Sexy, Eisuke finds her irresistibly sexy and he is a man who's been surrounded by celebrities and models, he's slept with plenty of beautiful women but none has the same kind of sexiness or the same impact on him.

No one dares to disobey and question him, they often look into his eyes with fear but not Mika. They're mixed with more, uncertainty, hatred and disgusts. She hates him, that much is clear. From the day he brings her home from the hospital till her return an hour ago, she never looks at him with any kind of affection, not once.

Now he knows.

He's the reason- she blames him for everything. From the attack to the kidnapping and that ridiculous show they force her to perform. She yells at him for making her the victim of his crimes, for being punished by the deed he's done.

Emiko was always stupid, Eisuke knew that. He only fucked her for insider trades, she proposed the affair and she was surprised when Eisuke took a better deal from her husband, seriously? Their marriage was damaged with or without Eisuke, how could she or Mika blame him for something he did with mutual agreement?

But thanks to Mika, Eisuke knows who else to hunt down- Suki Akiya who he isn't familiar with. Her sister Yuki Akiya was delusional and obsessed with him, Eisuke thought she was just another fan girl who waited at the hotel's lobby or one of those dumb stalker who couldn't even get pass security. But no, Yuki Akiya was a little more disturbing. She would send him gifts, made him lunch boxes, wrote poems and letters which only fates were to end up in the trash.
How could he had known that she'd killed herself? The investigation was over before any media'd found out he was in the equation, probably why her older sister, Suki Akiya held a grudge. Eisuke did what he knew best, he paid her handsomely. Money always solves it all, it has never failed until recently- Not about Mia's attack, her memory lost (this should be taken off the list since she was never Mia), her hatred towards him (again, she's not Mia), the kidnap, Luke and Soryu's betrayals, his very own heart- No, none of these could be solved with money.

Regardless, it doesn't stop him from pursuing Mia's whereabouts and Suki Akiya who dares to take and play with his belonging, yes Mika Hijikata is HIS, for the time being. More importantly, Eisuke has a fair amount of suspicion about Mika's real intention. She has to be here to investigate Mia's attack, that part is done. Why has she come back here?

"What do you want?" He questions her moment ago, only if she's known what he truly means. Because Eisuke has a hunch and he is ready to "play", his lips curve into a grin before he gulps the rest of his whiskey. "You want to play, Mika Hijikata, let's play."