Chapter 9: Part 1 Behind The Mask

Title: Switching Places Chapter 9 Part 1
Fandom: Kiss By The Baddest Bidder & Metro PD: Close To You
Rated: Drama, Thriller, Smut

MPD's MC: Mika HIJIKATA
KBTBB's MC: Mia SAKATA (reference)
Characters: Eisuke, Soryu, Mamoru, Ota, Baba, Luke, Kirisawa

Summary: No Smut. First auction since Mika's undercover and will she see what sort of man Eisuke really is?

Notes:
I was gonna do something FUN (a drinking game) for part 2 but with where this is going, the drinking game needs to postpone again (for the 4th time), Part 2 is a date with Eisuke. I always knew (in my head, I'm crazy like that) he will take her out just didn't expect it to be late at night after an auction.

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Chapter 9: Part 1 Behind The Mask

Finally, it's Eisuke's turn. No surprise there, sooner or later you'll have to stay with him although you really enjoy your time with Mamoru. Not only because he's ridiculously good in bed but also how much you enjoy each other company. He may put you on edge if he's assigned as your partner in the force but you two will definitely be friends under a total different circumstances. At times you feel like telling him the truth, your real name and true intention. He, of all bidders would understand.

The past five days with King Asshole hasn't been as difficult as you think, his eyes are either stuck on his laptop or his cell phone, occasionally buzzing you for coffee or pancakes. You're used to sleeping on his huge bed alone as he only naps or falls asleep on his couch for few hours, a true workaholic. From feeling too anxious to be in the same room to watching him work as you lay and read on his bed, he no longer intimates you nor does he engages in small chats. Sometimes you wonder if he actually acknowledges your presence. Does he know who you are? No, it doesn't look like that Luke has told him but is he secretly watching your every move without you knowing? Your mind is filled with Eisuke Ichinomiya lately whether you like it or not.

On the other hand, mobster Oh and detective Kishi have been at each other's throat more than usual ever since the night Mamoru takes you home in front of Soryu. Neither you or Soryu mention any of it, not Mamo, Luke or anything that happened that day. He hasn't been giving you the cold shoulder, not that he talks to you a lot either since you practically only see him when he's there for Eisuke. Well, it's easier to handle one guy at a time.

Eisuke has called everyone to the lounge for a meeting, Soryu is 30 minutes early and heads straight to his study. They wait till you're gone before starting a suspicious conversation, pressing your ear against the door, you carefully listen and the only audible words you'd made out of are list, how certain and don't tell the others. Not very helpful but the rest soon gather, "We'll be holding an auction in three days." Eisuke announces. That's sudden, do they always held auctions in such rush? Nevertheless, this is good news, considering that it's only your 4th week undercover. Wait, Saturday- the day you're supposed to check in with Kirisawa. Should you text him but they wouldn't have enough time to organize an operation while you have zero information.

The bidders quickly go over their roles and tasks when lastly, Eisuke reveals the final piece of item- a child. WHAT? You gasp and see all eyes turn to you, looking worried and disbelief. Just how low and cold-hearted is this guy? Your anger of disapproval must be all over your face because Eisuke shuts you up before you can even speak, "You have no say in this matter, so save it." The next three days, you barely look or talk to Eisuke and as much as it bothers him, he hasn't lost his temper just yet. You text to reschedule the regular meet up with Kirisawa, excusing it with IVC while you try to dig deeper about the auction.