Chapter 10 Something Ill is Going Down

Start from the beginning

"He hates it when we tell people he was born in a junkyard." His mom teased. That felt so good. His mom turned to Nya.

"Oh, and who are you? You are so cute! You're just my son's type." She almost sang. Now, we all know Nya HATES being called cute, but she handled it surprisingly well.

"It's a pleasure meeting you. I'm sure if you want, Jay could give you the tour. He very hard on it." She recovered.

"We'd love a tour!" They chorused. "Two old people should not be able to be so perky!" I whispered to Kai.

We followed Jay around while he gave the tour, and while his mom told us more humiliating stories. I literally almost died restraining laughter.

"Is And this is the Bridge." Jay said as we got to the controls. He pulled down a periscope. "This tells us what's going on in Ninjago. And this." He said, gesturing to the cappuccino machine.

"When a serpentine isn't giving us the answers we want, and we're up late at night-" Jays parents cut him off. "A neuro-apparatus to read their minds?" His mom said, excitedly.

I have absolutely no clue what his dad said, but it's something to make someone talk. "No. A cappuccino machine." Jay said bluntly. "That you're not allowed to touch." I added. Jay glared at me.

"Why don't you tell them about the button?" Cole asked mischievously. I seriously needed to excuse myself now.

"Hehe. It's not ready yet." Jay said, grinding his teeth. "You okay, Omar?" Kai whispered to me. I nodded and kept holding my breath and biting my tounge.

"Ooh, what's the button?" His mom asked, adding to Jays humiliation. "He's working on a special defense system." Zane said. "Something everything ninja headquarters needs." Kai added.

"Oh, what does it do? Can I help?" Jays dad asked, observing the red button. "No, I don't your help dad. Let's just leave it alone. Hey, look at the time, don't you need to get going? I told you there are dangerous serpentine." Jay rushed.

The smile disappeared from his parents face, killing my urge to laugh. "I suppose we could get back." His dad said.

"Edna, it was a pleasure hearing about Jays first potty time." Cole with a smirk. "And the time he swallowed his toothbrush when he was learning to brush his teeth." I said finally letting out some of my laughter.

"If you think that was good, let me tell you about the time I caught him kissing his pillow." Edna told us.

My eyes widened and I had yet another wave of laughter to let out. "Snakes, Ma! Snakes!" Jay flailed his hands in the air.

"Okay, we're going, we're going." She started to walk out of the door. We followed close behind. They got back into their large car and started the engine.

"So you promise to come to the junkyard to visit your mother and father?" His mom asked eagerly.

"Yes, I promise, but only if you leave. I don't want you getting hurt, it's getting dark. Your headlights are working right?" Jays asked.

Two lights blasted from the headlights, sending me writhing to the ground. "Like 'em? I used a little extra juice."

The light turned off as they drove away. "Bye son! Couldn't be more proud!" His dad shouted.

"And bring Nya with you when you come. I can see why you like her." His mom called. "Mom!" Jay grunted.

"Now that they have left, perhaps Jay can teach us the art of, kissing pillows." Sensei chuckled. "Ugh!" Jay groaned. We all burst out laughing, satisfying my urge.