I Have A Thing For The Hot Nerd - 21

Start from the beginning

I looked awkwardly at them, the aunt that practiced light magic and read tarot cards for 10 dollars even though she doesn't know how to, my sensitive cousin that liked to please everyone and work hard so he could treat his mom and my adopted cousin that was funny and whimsical but sensible and a new guy.
"Guys this is Len" Dotty pointed to the tall man with dark skin, her type appeared to be the rather darker, eccentric men; his flat cap mismatched with his brightly coloured tie and cardigan jacket.

We said hello to each other and waited behind the glass doors, filing into the entrance in our somewhat formal attire which was fitting for the surrounding area. The carpets were red and the walls painted white combined with red, white and gold damask wallpaper. The area we were stood in was wide and airy, a small yet tall reservation stand where the book lay sat in the corner where we waited to be escorted into the dining area which was separated by a two wooden dividers, criss-crossed along like a lattice. Plastic flowers and vines twirled around the diamonds of space left in between the lattes of wood combined with tiny, golden LED lights that were visible at night.

"Hello, I have a reservation for 5 under the names of Williams? We've brought a guest however would it be able to get a table with six seats?" I asked, stepping up to the stand like I was on trial while everyone held back a little, chatting at the doorway. I held my bag to my side, and looked at the tall woman. She was stunning, smooth light brown skin taught above high cheekbones, her lips were large and plump and her nose was tiny and buttoned. She had captivating, big brown eyes which bore no make up and her head sprung lashings of blonde and brown jerry curled hairs that reached her shoulders, tendrils hung in front of her eyes.

She was tall and lean with a skinny body covered in a skin tight, black dress that went just beneath her neck and above her knee, standard attire for the staff that worked here and her arms were bare, tapping at the wood with long nude coloured nails.
"Well we only had 6 seated tables left anyway so I don't see the harm" She grinned, flashing brilliant, white teeth, she looked at the book and signed us in before she stepped in front of the podium, holding her fingers in front of her, she wasn't much older than me by the looks, I'd say 19-20 max.
"Joy" Jay nodded, looking over at her with wistful eyes while we followed her through the room of couples and groups of people talking about business
"Jay" She spoke curtly, sitting us down at the table where we immediately got comfortable.

I watched their body language, something told me they had been in some form of relationship, the way they looked at each other showed unmistakable chemistry.
"Oh hey Dotty" She grinned at my aunt, sitting her down at the head of the table
"I'll send a waiter right over" She continued, meeting everyone's eyes but Jays and left.
"So, Will" My aunt spoke and I knew it was coming as she grinned down at him like a Cheshire cat "what do you do?" She asked
"I'm-I'm a student" He stuttered, looking down at the plastic covered, leather bound menu
"Yeah but afterwards" She continued, her hand resting on top of Len's. I felt Will stiffen and move awkwardly, shuffling in his seat.
"I haven't thought about it really, I want to go to college...I want to work with Illustration and graphic work" He smiled, looking at her and it hit me suddenly that soon we'd be going to college and our relationship would be much harder, even now it was hard after three weeks apart how would we last with months on end.

The conversation idled on awkwardly filled with coughs, splutters of laughter and the odd cricket in between awkward silences. We had ordered our food and not only had I dusted off my meal but I also finished Will's for him and was halfway through desert when a voice shrilled behind me. I stopped, whipped cream lathered my lips as I turned my head, my shoulders were hunched while I shovelled down my desert hungrily, trying to hide it from everyone else's beady eyes.
"Oh my god, like Paige" she screamed and I turned to see the last person I wanted to see. I stared at her, searching her face to see if I recognised her. A strange pattern of freckles ran across the bridge of her nicely upturned nose above thin lips, her dark eyes had specks of gold in them and her long, dusty blonde hair was plaited familiarly.