I Have A Thing For The Hot Nerd - 4

Trying to fix everything up, 28/7/2016
Song – Melanie Martinez - Soap

Chapter 4

I rolled over in my tired state late the next morning; at 11am on Sunday I planned to go shopping but at this ungodly hour I felt like I had no time at all; I groaned and stretched which supplied me with a noise similar to Chewbacca. Once again I had slept in my clothes, usually I wore shorts and a top or something that let me relax so my latest trend was not pleasing in the slightest. I shook off the clothes and slung them into a pile in the corner before taking a long bath.

It was nice to just stop, relaxing in the hot water with bubbles slipping around my body and in between my toes. The entire apartment was unnervingly quiet and I hated it, it gave me space and time to think which wasn't that much of a good thing to be completely honest. I was still in shock, the fact that every time something happened, every time I got in trouble my dad gave me 'a new start' instead of working things out. Since everything happened, the entire year and a half where my life took a crash course in falling apart he had been distant, bought me a new car or a new games console when I needed him to talk to me. Sometimes I thought that maybe it was because if he spoke to me then it wouldn't be just me breaking down.

But this was the worst thing he had ever done, Lucy had explained in great detail via email that by coming back I wouldn't be staying because my room was the new workout area and had already been cleaned out completely and they were starting decorating. My heart was heavy, it hadn't gotten any lighter since I came here on Friday but there was nothing I could do about that.

I got out of the bath, the lingering feeling leaving it's mark as I slipped on some blue jeans and a baggy, off the shoulder T-Shirt with converses and brushed my naturally black, straight hair out. I sighed as my hands shook while I applied my eyeliner, the silence was palpable as I got my wing to perfection and started on the next eye before coating my lashes with mascara and grabbing my car keys, bag and leather jacket. I had gotten some areas, buildings and points of interests installed onto my GPS system as I slid into my white SUV and set off to the mall.

When I arrived there I was shocked to say the least, there shouldn't be this many fake boobs in one building, I felt like Hugh Hefner as I slid in between the automatic doors, my hair blowing around from the air conditioning above, I tried not to bite at the remarks made at me as I walked past the crowds of women with fake eyelashes bigger than Danielle Hunt's Hair and took a moment to appreciate the selection of stores before me, angels sang and harps played as I came to a familiar shop named Doc Black.

Feeling right at home as I trailed the store in heavenly peace, my fingers stroking the fabric of different styles and colours; Doc Black was a well-known store and specialised in alternative clothing with rockabilly dresses, tops and jeans and all types of gothic, scene clothes and some novelty attire too with a lot of graphic design. I didn't need a basket, I needed a trolley as I threw T-shirts, shirts and blouses into my arms, purchasing a lot of summer wear as well as winter wear and bough myself a black Harrington jacket, a few pairs of Iron Fist shoes and boots, Doc Martens and beanies but not without grabbing the right pieces of Jewellery, I was getting carried away, the store assistant scanned more and more items and I picked even more up; I paid in cash happily and took the bags back to my car before returning for more 'light shopping'.

I walked around for a little, entering a large store similar to H&M to pick up some men's clothing for bed. I walked through, putting random things in the basket before a familiar voice caught me off guard; I halted walking, colliding into a clothing rack heavily. I grunted, making a strange noise which seemed to be almost guttural as I stood still and peaked through the shelves and racks.
"Mom, why do I need to be here- I have everything I need, we don't need to spend too much on things I don't need" spoke the guy from yesterday that helped me out at Wal-Mart as a small, dark haired woman pulled out a t-shirt and held it up against his chest, struggling to stretch it out over his shoulders, I watched as she turned and got the next size up.