I Have A Thing For The Hot Nerd - 26

4/9/2016
Twisted Nerve – Bernard Herman

Chapter 26

A searing pain ran through the back of my skull and I woke up to the smell of copper and the taste of blood, my eyes were thick and swollen shut with gunk and dried blood. I moved my hands or at least tried to but they were stopped by what felt like thick, rubbing rope that stung at my skin behind my back.

My feet were also tied but by something plastic, I felt the harsh but thin strips dig into my ankles and the inside of a car door beneath my toes. My heart pounded and I tried to keep my breath even while I listened to the conversation that was hushed, The car bumped and jostled over what I assumed to be rocky terrain
"Did you have to hit her face?" I heard a man speak in front of me
"Did she have to hit me in mine?" Liam snapped, I heard a moan and a snore beside me and I realised I was laid across a seat in the back of a car and my sister was on the floor, with a bad rib and healing leg.

Anger surged through me
"Maybe once we clean the blood off it won't be that bad" I heard Liam sigh finally and his dog tags clink on his neck while he moved sharply My heart raced, something was under my legs, a body. I really hope it was alive. I chanced a look, cracking my eyes open slowly but with great difficulty I felt my eyelashes crack and flakes of blood feathered onto my cheeks, the night sky and the moonlight made it easier to be undetected while I squinted forwards. My brain seemed to slow down as I looked at Liam in the driver's seat, he had his gun on the dashboard, safety on and his face was bruised on the side. Despite the panic in my body a small rush of pride shivered down my spine, proud that I'd damaged him in some way.

I looked up at the rear view mirror awkwardly between the head rest and thick neck in front of me and saw another burly man beside me, must be the person my legs were across. Both of these men from what I could tell other than Liam were suited up, looking like hairier versions of Hitman. I squeezed my lids closed as the car veered and pulled up , crunching on the gravel. If I tried to sleep then maybe they'd go light with me.

I faked a snore as the door swung open and my head flew out of the side, hitting the doorway with a force
"Ah fuck" I whined, shivering at the sudden blast of icy air, it didn't go too well considering I tried to fake slumber and nearly knocked myself out.
"Up" The man said and my legs were moved so I was swivelled around and pulled towards the door awkwardly, my body aching.
A heavy hand grabbed my chin and yanked my face upwards and seconds later a cold bottle of water splashed at my forehead and trickled down my face and chest, a towel wiped roughly at my cuts and bruises, washing the blood and goo from my eyes.

I pulled my scrunched up, sodden face from the sausage fingers that clenched my cheeks and glared at the large set man
"Something tells me you left the beauty business cause you were a little heavy handed" I snapped, trying to shimmy backwards but the man just grabbed me. I watched as Teena was picked up carefully by Liam and took into a shadowed building, pleased he was careful with her at least.
"Just because you have a sharp tongue doesn't mean you're winning any battles, Honey" He snarled "Now get out of the car" The man finished, his head bore a tattooed cross between his thick eyebrows and his front teeth were capped, mixing colours.

"Please goes a long way" I sighed, watching him cut the snap tie around my bare ankles and slid from the leather seat and onto sharp, broken rocks beneath my feet. The wind whipping my calves and bare skin, snow began to fall causing me to shiver. I felt sick, looking up at the barn like building which seemed to sit on a rocky hill in the middle of nowhere, the building was surrounded by large, thick trees and although it was hard to see I managed to make out 'SLAUGHTERHOUSE' painted across the front, only being made visible from the gold light that flickered beneath it that illuminated the doorway.

The paint on the clapboard and rotting planks were a maroon mixture with red strokes of paint and dark wood beneath it where the paint had decayed and been stripped from years of abandonment and weather wearing. There was an eerie feel to the whole scene
"This is where I die, I thought dying at 93 in a peaceful slumber was a bit farfetched" I muttered while I dragged my icy toes through the now laying snowflakes.

We made it to the doorway and the second man joined us, pushing me forwards through the door. I was immediately thankful the minute my toes hit the still cold, but warmer than outside cement flooring. My eyes widened when I saw the inside of the building, vomit snaking its way up my throat. To my right were two cages, large with troughs in them and meat hooks hanging from the ceiling. To my left was a table that looked like someone had found it at the dump and tried to make it 'chic' with a table cloth strung over it. There were two sets of steps leading upstairs and rooms downstairs behind Liam who had put Teena on a shabby metal cot, her body falling through the cotton mattress that looked thinner than a Maybelline model.

The floor was stained with animal blood and the dimly lit room that was below long wired light fittings was horrendously grim.
"Did you hire this from the makers of Hostel?" I asked, my body being pushed further into the building.
"They hired it from us" The second guy spoke into my ear from beside me, he was slimmer and taller than the other and had a kind smile, with dark hair above a chiselled face and big brown eyes he looked like he was forced into this. I stood still, awkward while I was held, the second guy moved swiftly, almost silently to Liam who looked up quickly and whispered into his ear.

I shook, the snow melting into my burning skin and my nose twitching from what I felt to be an oncoming cold, waiting for someone to tell me what was going on. There was a muffled sound and a whisper before the dark haired man finally approached, grabbing my tied hands and moving me in front of him and away from the bald bandit.
"Room 2" He mouthed over to him and pushed me forward, his fingers wrapped around my shoulders and manoeuvred me towards the second of the three doors behind Liam, cobwebs hung in the shadows and rats squeaked in the boxes.
"Keep an eye on her Kieran!" Liam snapped "She's crafty" His dark voice carried on
"Great tell the victim my name" the man, Kieran sighed, pushing the door open after unlocking it, it's heavy metal grating on the scraped up concrete and banging against the red painted concrete walls.

Once I was in the room he pushed the steel door behind him and locked it, hanging the heavy key on a ring and putting them on a keychain attached to a belt loop. I stared, the room had been panted blood red, a large, rickety, wooden four poster bed was pressed against the wall at the back and red sheets of chiffon were laced around them. Heart pillows lay across red sheets and a small chair and table sat against the wall near the door, pictures of me were blue tacked to the wall near the head rest.
"Can...Can I have a bucket?" I begged and immediately threw up into the nearest bucket like object to me which was a silver pale.
"We're going to need to get you a new toilet" Kieran laughed, patting my back awkwardly while I projectiled my entire stomach into the never ending bucket.

Once I had stopped he rubbed at my sick sodden mouth with a handkerchief as I couldn't my fingers knotted behind my back.
"Thank you" I whispered shyly and sat on the bed, exhausted while the body guard sat near the doorway, watching me intensely.