I Have A Thing For The Hot Nerd -9

5-8-2016
Cage the Elephant – Ain't No Rest For The Wicked

Chapter 9

Our moment was interrupted through the incoming phone call, Will's phone buzzed obnoxiously against my coffee table, sending vibrations through the wood and intensifying the tune. With a deep sigh he moved forward and grabbed at the phone, answering it upon capturing it.
"Hey mom" He sighed tiredly, the voice on the other side of the phone was blurred, jumping in and out of audibility
"I'm sorry, he was picking on Paige and –" He was cut off by a softer, ranting voice
"I know, yeah she is- fine, okay" Will put his hand to the phone and rolled his eyes
"My mom said are you okay and does she need to beat anyone up" He cringed as he spoke, the obvious embarrassment made me grin.
"Her son's done a pretty good job but thanks anyway and I'm perfect" I laughed, my heart warmed at how nice his mother was to me, even in texts she was always asking how I was.

I watched in amusement as he got back to the call and explained what happened, how the fight came about and got really quiet towards the end, allowing me to catch a few words related to our new relationship status. It was endearing how close they were, he told her everything- well almost everything and even though it was always in brief they trusted each other so much.
"Yeah sure, is he back?" Will's voice turned sour, the tension solidified while he let his mom reply back
"Okay, well can I stay here tonight? I can't go back if he's drunk again" Will sighed, trying to whisper while I pretended to pay attention to Archer and Barry's fight. I waited for him to say goodbye and put the phone down before I turned and looked.
"What was that about?" I asked, pretending to be absent minded.
"Ah nothing, I need to clean out the garage and basement as punishment and she isn't pleased about my violent thug side but other than that" He shrugged, avoiding the end of the phone call.

Stretching, I grabbed for my phone and saw a text from Aunt Lilly
'come over after I finish work and bring your friend x' the text wrote out in pixelated writing on my screen causing me to grin and lock the phone.
"We need to go over to my Aunt's house later, is that okay?" I asked, he just nodded- engrossed in a game on his phone.

I chuckled and called Daniel following another text from him regarding the calling back of his number- he didn't want to pay for the call by the sounds of it. Standing up I wandered into the kitchen area and opened the fridge, phone pressed to my ear before he picked up on the fourth ring.
"Hey, Paige there's a race down at the tracks again if you want to come tonight, it's at 11" He said, sounding busy as a TV buzzed in the background and the clatter of pots and pans interrupted him.
"Hey, Rina do you goddamn mind" He shouted into another room
"Fuck off, D" she spat back- her voice briefly getting louder before disappearing again like she entered the room purely to insult him.

I heard a growl and a sigh before he returned back to the call "Anyway the entry fee is a grand and there's apparently some big shots here" Daniel sighed down the phone as I grabbed a bottle of water and closed the fridge door, turning to see Will peaking over the edge of the sofa and motioning a 'who's that'.
"I cannot WAIT to mingle with the big shots of illegal street racing; It's like having tea and cakes with the Dean of the Mafia" I rolled my eyes, taking a drink.
"No, big money not big trouble" he said, interrupted by snippets of a commercial
"Ooh that should be the title of a Netflix original" I replied smoothly, raising my eyebrows.
"Come on, are you in or not" He sighed, obviously sick of me already.
"Probably, see you then" I said, waiting for him to put the phone down before I joined Will on the couch, watching a few movies and finishing Bates Motel's newest season.

A few hours later it was around 8pm and Will and I had planned to visit aunt Lilly before going out for something quick to eat before the race; it took a few hours for me to get ready but for Will it was five minutes so he was exhausted by the time we left the apartment. We joked along, crossing the pavement and rapping on my Aunt Lilly's front door; immediately she pulled it open to reveal herself in a halo of peach light from the sky, dark rings under her eyes and a tired look on her face as she welcomed us in.
"Hey Paige- Will, come on in" she said tiredly before nodding at us both.
"You okay?
"Yeah just had a long night and day at work- plus Dean isn't doing to well right now" She spoke, looking directly towards Will despite me asking. "I'm sorry, it's just that Rob won't be getting back for another month" she sighed, wiping her hand down her face and looking at me this time, she showed us in and left us to stand in the doorway of the dining room awkwardly.
"Dean, get your ass down here now!" she shouted from the bottom of the steps and a topless Dean, his face, neck and stomach still bruised and swollen.
"What do you want" he sneered, walking down the stairs slowly; A suspicious look on his face.