𝐒𝐈𝐗

CHAPTER SIX | HANDLE WITH CARE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS EARLY MORNING AND DAMON AND EVELYN LOVED HOW QUIET IT WAS. The Austin vampire deeply enjoyed spending time with Damon, especially when they weren't caught up in the next supernatural drama. They just had a chance at experiencing a normal, quiet morning. Evelyn laid with her body against Damon's on the couch, right next to the fire.

"I love how quiet it is." Evelyn hummed finally as Damon gently kissed the top of her head. "You know, I wish our lives were like this all the time. Surely we deserve this."

Damon chuckled softly as his fingertips ran up and down the bare skin on Evelyn's side, where her shirt had lifted slightly. "We do. But, I feel like something's gonna come through that door and spoil it, like normal."

"Please, just let me enjoy the moment, I just wanna cuddle you a little more." She groaned with her eyes firmly shut, unwilling to open up to reality.

"Six, five—" The Salvatore teased with a smirk.

"Damon, shut up!"

"Three, two—" With every number he counted down, he placed a kiss on the top of Evelyn's head with a chuckle. Evelyn lifted her head up and pushed her lips against his to stop the countdown. There was another moment of sheer bliss, the countdown stopped and there was no interruption. They were just content with each other, the kiss getting more intense by the second until they were interrupted by the front door.

"Good morning, frenemies!" Silas, the newly-formed witch, sauntered into the Salvatore House. He clicked his fingers and all the curtains flew open to illuminate the dark parlor. "You know, I'm only a few hours into my old life as a witch, but somehow the sun feels warmer. Probably because I'm not cursed with having to outlive it anymore."

"What's with the home invasion, Silas?" Damon sighed at Silas while a soft grunt left Evelyn's lips.

"Well, Damon, Evelyn, after two-thousand years of a miserable existence I finally get to die."

"I think this is the most upbeat I've ever seen a person about their death, well played, dickwad." Evelyn rolled her eyes as she sat up from her vertical position on the couch.

"We all know that Tessa was a real vengeful bitch." Silas began once he noticed Elena wander into the parlor once she heard Silas' voice. "Your doppelganger, Amara, died at her hands. But today, after two-thousand years, Amara and I will finally reunite."

"You know, that story would be a lot more interesting if I was at least thirty-percent drunk. So, just let me—" Evelyn held her hand up and downed a glass of bourbon that she had left on the table.

"Alright, skip the mushy parts." Damon rolled his eyes at Silas and snaked his arm around Evelyn's waist once she wandered over to him. "Look, my girl and Elena have promises that they're expecting you to keep."