45. Giving

It was supposed to be pens and not pencils haha I just wrote pencils at the beginning and I had the idea of Henry coloring Killian's back while writing the chapter so I just stuck with the word pencil oops.
Remember that english is not my mother language so the words pen and pencil are things we learn how to say in english when we're like 7/8 and those are not words I use on a daily basis xD (in english ofc)

I'm sure Killian would have woken up if Henry decided to draw on his skin with pencils as you said hehe

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT

"I'm sowyy dad."

"I- Lad... I'm not- I'm not."

He wants to scream. Scream of happiness.
He's actually a father figure for him. It was never his goal but he is and he's thought about this a long ago.

He'd be lying if he said he didn't want this.
One thing he was most afraid of, in the first months with them, was that he'd get too attached to Henry - or Emma - and before he knew it he'd be all alone again and more lost than ever.

But then.... dad? He? A father? No, no. He's not that type, he doesn't know how.

"I'm sorry, I don't how he- he learnt this. He must have seen Neal calling for David. I-I don't know."

"Yeah, I... It's okay. I'm just going to clean this."

"Wait, let me just get Henry and I'll help-"

"I need a minute, Swan."

She stares at him in confusion before nodding and entering the bathroom, closing its door behind him.

Is he angry because of this? Sad? Shocked?

He hadn't given her enough time to read him and understand what was going on in that mind of his before just hiding in the bathroom.
When will he even walk out of there?

Certainly not in "a minute".

---

Killian always got a quick connection with kids. Especially infants.
Maybe because, for 9 months, his family had been getting ready to welcome his new little sister to this world only to get that fantasy ruined along with the ones in which his mother was also included.

Everyone dreamed about getting a job, marrying, kids... Killian's main goals in life became a whole new thing when his mother died.

He couldn't imagine his graduation without his mother amongst the other parents, looking right back at him and giving him that questioning nod she always gave to him, never looking away until he nodded to her right back.

And it never happened.

When he decided that maybe he could have a big future, maybe go to the university, Liam was dying.

He couldn't imagine marrying someone and his mother not being there, holding back tears (because he was sure she'd never cry in front of him - he had never seen her cry) and telling him how proud she was of him.

The thought that his mother would have loved Emma and Henry is torture for him.
Killian is sure, if his mother was here - and she should be, it's unfair that she is not because he needs her, he needs her so much - she and Emma would have been joined at the hip.