7. A Good Crush

Heyo how are you all?

Don't forget to comment your thoughts along the chapter!

Mary Margaret came over and the six of them (without counting with the cauliflower-sized baby inside of her) had dinner together. She came to see the place where her daughter would be living in the next... well she really didn't know how much, but the English teacher was enchanted and loved how well Killian combined the colors and the decorations.

After they left, it was their first time alone in the house. It was weird at first but then she understood that he gave her her space, privacy, but he also didn't treat her like she was invisible, remarking at things she was doing or saying hi to Henry from time to time.

She decided to unpack tomorrow. She was exhausted, Henry sound asleep on his crib and Killian was getting ready to go to work.
She went downstairs just to say a quick goodnight and went back to her bed, though she woke up thirty minutes after with Henry's cries and when she found him, he was already in Killian's arms who was still here, leather jacket on his arm and keys in his hand, ready to leave.

"I heard him, so I thought on coming here..." he nervously chuckled, like he was almost afraid she'd get mad at him for grabbing her son.

"It's okay, thanks." She smiled, looking down at him as he calmed down. "You can go now, I'm here."

"Yeah... Ah, goodnight." he said after handing him to her.

"See you tomorrow."

Henry turned out to be a crier, waking up at least five times during the night. She has always been a light sleeper, so she also heard when Killian came home around 5.

She didn't want him waking up after his shift with Henry's cries - more like screams - so she spent the night in his bedroom. A pillow and a blanket next to his crib on the floor, and she wondered if every night would be like this.

That morning, it was like nothing had happened. Henry was smiling like crazy and his eyes were wide open. At least one of them was in a good mood.

While Killian was still sleeping, the men rang on the door to bring the wardrobe for Henry's bedroom. She thanked them when they left, and she called her dad to pass by in the afternoon to build it with them.

When he finally woke up, he could hear the low sound of cartoons from Emma's bedroom's television through the thin wall that separated their rooms.

After half an hour on his phone he gained courage to get up and put on his jeans and the first t-shirt he could find. Then, he went to the only bathroom in the second floor, at the end of the corridor, to wash his face and at least look decent.

He found her door open, and slightly knocked on it to make a very distracted Emma realize his presence. She was on her bed, Henry next to her with many pillows around him, and surrounded by bags and clothes and just personal stuff.

"Hey." she said.

"Good Morning. How did you sleep?"

"Good I guess." She lied. He really didn't have to hear all her problems. "How was work?"

"Good."

Okay, it became awkward. Great.

"I'm... unpacking my stuff."

"Oh. Do you want some help?"

"Oh no, no, thanks."

He suddenly got distracted with her bed hair. She looked like the most beautiful angel without any kind of make-up and old pajamas.