25. Means to an End

COMMENT EVERY THOUGHTS MAH FRIENDS

SOME ACTION COMING TO THIS FANFICTION

 She woke up with her phone buzzing against the wood of her nightstand - sounded more like a chainsaw.

This wasn't the first time that her dreamy sleep got interrupted, being the first and second time because of Henry's cries and the third time at 7am because she forgot to turn off her freaking alarm since she was now unemployed.

She should be annoyed, but she can't. Not after last night.

She had fallen asleep on him, still on the swing. He had woken her up and told her that he himself got to close his eyes a bit but the night was cooling down and that had awoken him. It was damn cold, indeed. But she got to fall asleep on his shoulder- whoooooooooooooppppp here comes the silly smile on her face again.

The phone buzzes again and that's when she realizes why she had woken up in the first place.

She reaches for it and when she sees the ID, she knows something's happened.

"Dad?"

"Emma. You were sleeping?" he asked after noticing her sleepy voice. "Sweetheart, something's happened." Damn. Her heart started beating fast, her brain thinking on the worst. Bad news were something that terrorized her for life. "Graham. He's at the hospital. He had a heart attack."

"Wait is he-"

"He's alive. Barely. I don't know, Emma. The doctors won't say anything."

"I'll be right there, dad. I have my phone with me. Anything call me."

"I will. Careful on the road."

"Yes, dad." she rolled her eyes at the fact that her father always said that, even though they lived in what was probably the most pacific town in the whole Canada.

She got dressed with the first pieces of cloth she found, going to Killian's bedroom to - gosh she was going to regret this - wake him up.

She opened the door slowly, and her breathing couldn't help but getting faster and harder when she saw him under the blankets, his hair a mess and his face relaxed.

"Killian?" she said, her hand coming to brush his long bangs and realizing how cold she was with the contrast of his warmth.

"Hum." he mumbled without opening his eyes, a smile forming on his face.

"I have to go. Could you please, please," and at this he opened his eyes a bit, frowning in confusion "check on Henry if he awakes? There are bottles on the fridge. Just hang him on a bit, I'll be quick."

"Wait what's happened?" 

"Graham. He's at the hospital. He had a heart attack."

"Wait, I'll go with you."

"No, just please stay here with Henry. I really need to go now."

He noticed the pain in her voice and the desperation to just go and see if he was okay, and so he nodded.

"I'll take care of him. Don't worry. Just call me if there's news."

"Okay. Thank you." she whispered.

He wanted to kiss her right now.

She wanted to kiss him right now.

Morning kisses. It would make this thing they had more real in such a short time.