39. Life Is Made of Moments

"Emma? Come on, sweetheart. Wake up."

Her eyelids are sticky at first. That's what happens when you fall asleep with contact lenses. Job well done, Emma.

Wait... fall asleep? When did she fall asleep?!

"Emma." She notices the smell before she opens her eyes. Fish?!

She finally opens her eyes, taking in what's happening around her.

"Dad? What's happening?!"

"They're trying to kill us."

---

"Those two have been overworking. I think a fourth sheriff is in order." Mary Margaret complained over the phone.

"Don't I know it? Emma eats her dinner half-asleep. It's like she and Henry traded places." He chuckles.

"David too. And then with Eva... I'm just as exhausted as him." Killian feels sympathy for her. They were supposed to be enjoying David's break but because of Neal's appearance, everything was ruined. Emma's excitement for a good job was also ruined. "I'm thinking on going over there right now. If they don't come have dinner, I'll have to bring them the food."

"Well I have dinner ready as well. Think Henry and I could join your meal at the station?"

"Of course! What did you cook?"

"Cuban sliders."

"Damn. Those are really good. I've got Italian sausage and tomato pasta? I think pasta, sausage and cuban sliders doesn't sound that bad."

"It doesn't at all." he smiled to himself.

---

"Why did they handcuff you and not me?"

"I had the handcuffs with me when they found me." She checked them hoping that by some miracle a key would appear. "That's not important now. We need to get that door open. It's probably our only way out. At least it is all I've seen. Unless, of course, you fit inside that window." He pointed to the small crack of light that was on top of of the door.

"I was pregnant 11 months ago. I know that shouldn't be an excuse, but no unfortunately I don't fit there."

Not even a cat would fit there.

"Don't blame it on the kid. I don't remember being pregnant and still can't go through that." David chuckled and though Emma's body was trembling with anger and anxiety and ready to kill a guy named Neal Cassidy or Gideon (why not both?), that managed to make her smile. "Hey. We'll get out of here. We just gotta think. And people will come to rescue us in a few hours."

"Gideon and Neal were together all this time. How did I not see it?"

"They are good. I wonder where they are now..." David mumbled before giving a hard kick on the door with his foot. "You should try it."

"What? You can't do it and you think I can?"

"It's not all about strenght. What really matters is the technique."

Emma fails and tries 3 more times until she sits on the floor and brings her hands to her forehead.

They are trapped.
He trapped her again.