The Proposal: Both

|Colton|
"Hey. It's Mister Pretty Boy, remember," I say as I hear her voice emerge from behind me. I can almost feel her shock. I don't know why or how but she somehow rushes out the door without me noticing until her black hair escapes the frame. I look to the girls sitting before me, who are still staring at me.
"Sorry to leave but she's the reason I'm here," I said standing to catch her.
"Hey. You won't catch her. She won't fall for you. She hasn't loved anyone since her sister," the girl from earlier, Brie maybe, says. I turn to face her.
"What happened to her sister?" I ask cautiously although I think I know the answer.
"Maybe you should ask her, Mister Prince," the other girl speaks up, I think her name was Danica.
"P-p-p-Prince?!" Brie stutters nervously. I flash her a sly smile and race out the door. Luckily today I brought a few guards along with me.
"Where did the girl with black hair go?!" I order them.
"She went in that direction," the one darker colored guard says pointing towards the abandoned building I last saw her that day.
"Shad, you're supposed to be awesome at hiding, you have for seven months," I mumble under my breath walking towards the building.
-------------------------------------------------------
|Shadow|
As I race out of the cafe I realize that this is what I've been waiting for the last seven months. To see him one last time, to be sure that I do NOT care for him. How could I just pass up the chance to get away from him, for him to realize that he can't love me. That he shouldn't love me and I can't love him.
I stop in the center of the building I last saw Colton. Where I left him seven months ago.
"Why must you run from me? I just want to talk," Colton's voice is behind me but at a distance.
"Because... I'm not the person you think I am. I'm not capable of love and I shouldn't receive it. I'm someone that's the cause of other's pain. I can't be loved, it's not possible," I shout angrily at him. "I don't love you and I don't want to hurt you!"
"Shad. It's not your fault that your sister died," he whispers. I spin around to face him at those words.
"How dare you speak of Ali. You didn't know her. You didn't feel her pain. If only I had stayed with her for another two minutes. I could have died and not her. The world would be better off without me!" I feel the tears prickle my eyes. Damn I thought I finally got past this girly shit.
"Shadow. I know I didn't know Allison or feel her hurt but if you think so highly of her I know she was an amazing person. Trust me the way you talked about her makes me feel like I should have protected her. I want to make that different with you. Although you don't seem to need me or want my help, I can't stop thinking about you," he whispers.
"Than don't. I know people who can rid your memory of me. I can disappear again," I say. But do I really want to? He's opened a side of me I didn't think existed anymore, one that is capable of caring.
"Shadow. I don't want to forget you. With you I don't have to be myself or the person I'm painted out to be. I can start anew with you, I know it sounds cliche but... you lead me to my light. I was darkness and you showed me how to be different than my family. I will never forget you. To prove it I will make a compromise. You spend an entire day with me and if you don't like it by the end, I'll leave you alone. But if you do I expect you to go to the Prince's Suitor Ball," he states.
"But what does the Prince's Ball have to do with you?"
"He was a friend of mine," I watch as guilt spreads across his face. Lies.
But this might be my last chance to prove that I don't like him. Let's just get it over with.
"Deal."