Chapter: 34 Doubting Much?

Chapter: 34

After the whole ordeal of shouting at both of them, it seems that the tension had lessened. It was a baby step, but there was still a rift between the two that needed to be a patch in someway, but the question was how? How was this supposed to go? There wasn't a rule book or anything on this. All of it was guesses and gut instincts as well. Something that I can manage every now and then, but not always. I bit my lower lip while looking at the beautiful yard of my mate's house. His house was truly extraordinary. It was different from Lila's house. It was a lot noisier and a lot of laughter as well. 

I was helping them with the big day for Noah's initiation as the pack leader as his father was stepping down and retiring. Apparently, it was tradition through the ranks and wolves to do this in every pack. Well, somewhat. There were others that didn't have a father or follow a strong family lineage as Noah did. He had siblings and he had parents as well. Even though, one of those siblings was an evildoer that was bent on destruction. It certainly was going to be awesome to see something like this.

Lea and I were placing a white cloth over the tabletops for decorations as we were placing real flowers in the middle of the table as well. It was going to be very beautiful and everything was going to go well. At least, I hope it was going to go well for everyone. Noah deserves this as well as the others. We have been through an ordeal and even though the question still remains inside of me. I do like his family especially Lea who was outspoken, confident in her own skin, and very beautiful as well. She didn't let me out of her sight at all as she stuck by me while snickering at her brother and teasing him.

Noah heard her comments, but only gave her a vulgar gesture which earns a slap from their mother. We had burst into laughter and walk away from the scene. Lea was one of those trouble-makers, but the good kind and not the bad ones at all. It was something that I adore about her. Something that I admire about her as well. As we got the tables done, her mother requested me to help her with the plates of food that will be placed out for their guests. It was a little bit nerve-wracking, but Lea pushes me to go follow their mother. Giving me a reassuring smile before walking away, I walk after their mother into their grand dining room and then into their beautiful large kitchen.

"Will you place those cheese and crackers onto one of those plates for me, please?" She asked me.

I nodded my head, "Sure."

As I did the task, placing them on the glass platter in a fashionable sense that she would want them. At least, I hope she does. Turning around and walk over to me, she began to peel a cucumber with a peeler. She was dress in some causal jeans and a beautiful deep red shirt that had quarter lengths sleeves. Her long dark brown hair was up in a fashionable updo. Her ears glimmer with small diamond earrings. Her dark eyes met mine in a questioning look and I avert my gaze quickly from her while focusing on the task that she gave me.

"I sense there is something you want to ask me, Skye?" She asked with a soft smile on her lips as I glance up at her.

I nodded my head to her but hesitated as I open my mouth to ask her. Instead, I ended up frozen on the spot like an idiot. With a frustrating sigh, I look away from her while struggling to find the words to ask her. "Skye, you can ask me anything. Don't be shy now." Her eyes were soft while giving me her undivided attention.