Chapter: 2 The Typical High-School Life

Chapter: 2

High school. The typical life of a teenager. Thank goodness, that I had this year then I get to graduate. It was going to be a relief to be away from all the cliques and cliches of this horrible little high school life as it means absolutely nothing to even be part of. Everyone departs and goes on their way to live their lives and never again will see them. After I am done here, then I can move out of this town and do my own thing without having anything to worry about. My feet guided me down the hallway while noticing Abigail bounding around the corner with an excited grin on her lips. Meaning that she must be beaming with exciting news. Her sister was trailing behind her with a look of annoyance as both of their eyes were set on me as I was their destination.

"Guess what, Skye?" She asked with a bright-eyed look.

My eyes flicker over to her sister while I asked her, "What is it, Abby?"

"Homecoming is in three weeks! Can you believe it?" She asked with excitement. 

"Yeah, it's just a stupid dance, Ab. No one really cares for it because all of them go to an after-party to trash themselves and see who can get laid." She gave her sister a pointed look while looking even irritated now. 

"So? I wouldn't mind getting wasted. What point would it be to go to a party without doing that? Come 'on, you got to live a little bit." Abby pouted cutely at her sister. How can she be so innocent compared to her sister, who would cast a spell to set someone on fire for even looking at her?

Did I forget to mention that they were sister witches? Their magic was intertwined with each other which made them quite powerful. Lila is a coven leader and host gatherings over at the house. Considering what I am, I ended up joining them for the fun of it even though I am not a witch by any means. "Yeah, let me know how that works out when you want to expose the rest of the supernatural world while doing it?" Irene snapped at her.

"I am sure we can still have fun without getting wasted," I reassured them both. 

Irene gave me an icy glare before speaking, "Of course you would say that." 

With a flick of her dark hair, she sauntered away from us. With a glance over at Abigail as I raised an eyebrow up at her, "Did something happened to her?"

"No, she always likes that. Remember, she has a stick up her ass." Abigail let out a scoff while folding her arms. 

"We can go shopping for dresses this weekend, if you want, Abby?" I asked her with a reassuring smile that stretches across my lips. 

"Oh really? We can?" She was all excited again. I really like Abby more than Irene who was always so uptight and ruthless.

"Of course. We'll tell Lila where we are going and then we'll go shopping." I gave her a smile while Abigail threw her arms around my neck while blubbering about how she was so thankful to have me in the family.