Chapter: 3 Not all Meetings are Good.

Chapter: 3

My eyes watch her walk down the hallway as I stood outside of the library. I would have said more if it weren't for that girl named Hayden. Stopping me from pursuing her, but that damn girl didn't know the word 'no'. Not even if I asked politely. Skye was certainly something. Something that made me want to know more. Some kind of connection that was hard to understand or even explain it. It felt like I have known her my whole life and meeting her now. It felt like a great weight had been lifted from my shoulders. It was certainly a grand introduction that was exchanged between us.

A familiar hand pats my shoulder, but it was the bad shoulder. A soft grunt escapes from me as I turn around to see Donovan standing there with a smirk on his lips. My eyes spot that ridiculous visitor's tag on his blue shirt. "Donovan. That was the wrong shoulder!" I shouted at him while holding my injured shoulder that was healing, but it was bruise as well.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to. Is your shoulder still healing from last night?" Donovan asked while raising an eyebrow up at me.

"Yes, everything had healed, but it was still bruised," I answered him with a narrow look.

We were silent for a minute before I asked him, "What are you doing here anyway?"

"Coming to find you, man. Your father has been calling me and asking for you." He answered my question while squeezing my good shoulder. 

"Why?" I asked him with a raised eyebrow.

He shrugged his shoulders while speaking, "That, my good sir is entirely unknown." 

With a groan of impatience and a smile on my lips as well, I nodded my head, "Fine. Let's go." 

I wasn't sure why my father would be calling me. Then again, my initiation was coming up soon. So, he was making sure everything was in order. He had even called a witch that he knew from his past along with my mother's as well, but I didn't forget anything. 

At least I didn't think I did.

*(*

The school day was boring

The school day was boring. Dull. I ended up zoning out the teacher's lecture about cellular levels of mitosis. It was such a tedious thing. I could care less about this subject and focus on something else. Something that was more interesting than having to listen to this teacher droning on and on. Not even stopping for a breath. The sun was going behind thick gray clouds as it looks like it might storm any minute which was something that I didn't like. Not at all.