Chapter: 11 Danger Lurks Around Every Corner

Chapter: 11

I was feeling trapped in this household. Not being able to go out or do anything. It was driving me insane already. Slowly, I got up from my bed and stalk over to the window while looking out it. The sun was starting to set and the leaves were starting to blow across the land. Finally, after some decision making and probably the worst decision that I could make right now was disobeying Lila. She should know that I crave being outside especially being trapped in this house. Ever since Hayden was put in the hospital. The sisters actually went to visit her, but they were more curious about what had attacked Hayden that night at the party.

When they came back and told me what they had found out. It wasn't good at all. I know that something was stalking people during the night time hours, but if I had to be trapped another moment in this wretched house. I am going to go crazy. I need air and I need to feel the wind in my hair or well fur. Cause, there was a good chance that I was going on a run and not on two legs either. I needed to be outside and not trapped here while waiting for whatever to jump us out of the blue. We also learn that another high school student was attacked that night. It was another animal attack. No one knows if they were somehow connected or just random. 

None of it makes sense, but being trapped in this house was going to make me bonkers. So after an internal battle within myself, I pulled myself away from the window and exit my bedroom. Skipping downstairs and slipped to the back of the house. My ears straining to pick up any sounds that could be coming from the living room or upstairs. Abigail and Irene were in their own rooms upstairs. The last time that I knew where Lila was and that was in the living room, but I didn't hear anything that came from that area. So, I was guessing that she had stepped out as well. Well, good. Because I was escaping from the house for a little bit. 

As I shut the back door and turn around to look around the backyard that stretches into the forest. A thrilling feeling swept through me and it took me no time to cross the small deck, down the stairs before breaking out into a run across the backyard. Disappearing behind the first row of trees and deeper into the forest. The smell of the autumn air was crisp and the breeze was cool. It took me no time to discard my clothes and soon I was transforming into my wolf form. A purring sound escapes from me as I stretch myself out and practically bounce around on the balls of my paws. 

I was ready. With a last look behind me, I turn around and bolted into the forest. Disappearing deeper into the forest as I felt everything underneath my paws. The crunch of a stick. The smell of the leaves, the crisp air, and the ground underneath me. It was a little bit cold, but it didn't bother me at all. Everything that was bothering me today was slowly melting away and I was racing through the undergrowth. Only slowing down once I reach a clearing and glance up to see the first stars appeared. I felt freer than I did in that house. Lila has to understand that I need to do this from time to time. I needed to get away from everything and be able to talk a breather every now and then. 

This was me. This was what I have choosen and there was no going back. I was happy here. For once, I didn't need to worry about anyone telling me what to do. I was free and I wasn't going back just yet. I have a lot more energy to burn. With that being decided, I rush ahead and straight into the forest. Going deeper and deeper.