Chapter: 21 Uncertainty

Chapter: 21

Things weren't the same after that. 

I didn't leave my room for three days as the thought of killing Hayden had frightened me. I had learned soon enough that she was alive and well. She won't remember a thing. Thanks to Lila's Coven. It still didn't sit well with me at all. The fact that I had gotten so angry at her for her taunting and Noah's reactions or words didn't settle with me at all. It had set me off as it made me realize how close I was to hurt her more than I did. Something had snapped inside of me and I knew that it was my witch side waking up, but somehow, I knew it was there always.

Now, I knew exactly what had happened. The whispers and the screams that I had was from the ancestors that they know that I am alive. That I am the miracle child of both species. Things were going to get a lot complicated now and I wasn't looking forward to anything at all. I couldn't even muster up the course to go to school. Not even to face Lila, Irene, Ophelia, or Abigail. Even that freaking annoying girl Hayden at school. I didn't want to run into him either. It was why I had locked myself away in my room. Even though Lila tries to encourage me to go to school, but I told her to leave me alone. 

Not only that, but Ophelia had requested training. I wasn't up for that either. Both of us knew, that the more that I waited on it and something else happens or triggers it. It wasn't going to be good for me or that person either. It was a difficult thing to wrap my head around this, but I couldn't face either one right now. All of it was too soon and it was quite frustrating as well. I lay there in my bed as I process everything that I had learned. That this wasn't going to end pretty for anyone. It wasn't like we need more problems.

There were knocks on the door, knowing that it was either Irene or Lila. Not wanting to face them or talk to them, I ended up ignoring them. The thing that put me on edge was that Lila wasn't angry with me at all. It made me wonder why, but I didn't want to talk about it nor did I want to see anyone right now. All I could think about was wanting my parents, knowing that deep raw emotion was waiting for me to succumb to it. Knowing that my parents are dead and aren't going to come back. Not ever. 

I didn't know what to think much less process all of this information. My stomach growled and cramp up as I didn't eat at all. I would say I ate like a bird now, but I don't touch one single thing as I was a complete wreck with the terrible guilt eating away inside of me. Irene was annoyed by it, but Lila and Abigail were concern which was normal for them. Even for Irene too and her damn attitude. Should it even matter? Should anything matter since my entire existence was going to fade from the world because of this curse? How was I going to defeat this?

How was I going to survive the curse of my ancestors? 

I don't know, but it was irritating. There was a knock on my door and I glance over at it. Half-expecting Lila to come waltzing in, but as I stare at the door. It didn't open at all. Confusion washes over me as I slowly sat up in bed. Seeing that there was a white folded-up piece of paper there. Slowly, I got off of the bed. My instincts in overdrive and ready to tear whoever had entered my house without permission. I stepped forward cautiously while my eyes flicker between the door and the white folded-up piece of paper that was laying on the ground. The door didn't open at all, but there was the sound of retreating footsteps. Two of them. I thought Lila and the sister witches went out of the house, but it seems that I might have been wrong. I reach down to pick up the folded-up piece of paper. Quickly unfolding it and reading the contents that were on the piece of paper.