Chapter: 14 The Truth

Chapter: 14

This wasn't fair at all! She was mine! My mate! Damn it! This was frustrating, but I couldn't force her to come with me. I couldn't do that. Even though, I struggle with doing it and struggle against my wolf from launching myself at her to claim her right there. To ripped the heads off of whoever had seen her beautiful naked body. Now, here I was sitting on the back porch in one of my mother's patio chairs. Cursing myself to the moon and back. She still wasn't here with me and that was making me angry. She was mine. Did no one understand that? 

Apparently not. A 'hmph' sound escape from my lips as I lean back in my chair and gaze up at the dark sky. Remembering everything that had happened this night. She was different. Certainly beautiful and magnificent. I didn't care if she had a wolf inside of her or not, but all I care for was her. She made everything better especially when she touched me and it was so hard to leave her right there. To not be near her, but the tensions between the shifters and the witches were strained because of the curse between them. Neither side like the other, but they tolerated each other.

The door had slid open and my father stumbles out of it with two short glasses in his hand. They were filled with ice cubes in it with some dark liquid. Then I realized what it was. It was alcohol. The sort that will calm the nerves and help people relax. My father sat down in the chair across from where I was sitting. He slides the glass over to me, I ended up cradling the cup in my hands. Setting it down on the patio table, My father had pulled his hair back in a short ponytail as his blue eyes look over at me. He was looking a little rugged, but I guess that it was mainly my mother as both of them were still struggling with what had happened to my brother. 

"So, what has been eating you on the inside besides your brother's return, of course?" My father asked me with a raised eyebrow up at me while sitting his glass down on the table and waited for my answer. 

I gaze at my father with a narrow thoughtful look while sipping the alcohol, feeling the burn coursing down my throat. I didn't say anything at first as I didn't really mention my mate to them. Not until I had her next to my side to introduce her to them. I had told them about my brother and his awful timing of returning to this town to cause havoc. My mother had left the foyer before I could finish what I was telling. My ears picking up her footsteps that lead up the stairs. The sobs that were escaping from her lips as it was faint, but I still could hear them.

 I felt terrible that this had happened to our family, but everyone struggles with something. All of this was beyond frustrating. There was like no light at the end of the tunnel for us, but the appearance of my mate. It was something to look forward to in our darkest days.

"Well? What else is bothering you, son?" My father asked gently as his voice was soft, but it held curiousity in it as well. 

I look up at him while letting out a deep sigh, "If I tell you, you can't tell mom. She'll flip out on me."