Chapter: 5 Seeking Some Fun?

Chapter: 5

We had safely arrived at our home, but before I could get a chance to speak to Lila. She was already leaving again. Something had spooked her and whoever had called her. It couldn't be good at all. So, now we were sitting on the sofa watching something that was on the television screen. It had been a long day and I was ready to go to sleep. The sisters were surprised to see that I was staying down in the living room with them and not go to my room as I usually do. I had come to the conclusion that I couldn't hide away in my room. Not after all the crap that I had gone through. 

All of us were silent as we sat there together, but they were good company to have around especially on this terrible day. The silence was comfortable and it wasn't oppressing or anything that involves awkwardness at all. It was perfect. At least for right now, it was. That's all that matters to me. The sisters and I sitting here being perfectly content with each other. That's what I thought at least until Irene let out a groan before speaking, "I want to do something. It's not even six yet and I am bored."

Abigail chuckled before asking her sister, "Are we late for an important date?"

"Yeah, Irene? What do you want to do?" I asked her as well.

She gave us a glaring look, but it didn't take her long to smile before answering, "I heard there was a party going on and that we were invited as well."

"By who? We didn't receive invitations?" Abigail asked with an innocent face and the furrowing of her eyebrows.

"Let me guess, Hayden did." I practically growled her name.

Abigail looks expectedly at her sister and Irene looks back over at her. They were doing the twin connection again which was not surprising at all. I waited patiently for her to confirm what I had said while narrowing my eyes at her. Irene nodded her head as her eyes lock onto mine, "Yes, she did." 

"Did she come up to you?" Abigail asked her.

"She did." Irene frowns deeply while anger creeps into her eyes, "I wasn't pleased about it."

I stood up from the couch while speaking, "She's a tramp. Why the hell is she inviting us to some stupid party of hers?" 

Irene was quiet and not looking at me as Abigail shrugged her shoulders, "Who knows with that woman?"

"It wasn't like I was going to the party for that bimbo anyway." Irene gave me a cold look while getting up from the couch as graciously as she could, "I am going to start dinner. You guys have homework to do." 

"Yes, mom." Abigail and I were in sync when we chime in with our sarcastic answer to Irene. 

She shot us another glaring look while looking away from us and storm off to the kitchen. Abigail and I share a look with each other as I shook my head at Irene's mood swings. One minute she is being sly and then the next she is grumpy as usual. I stalked over to the stairs while going up the steps and headed to my room. Abigail follows me a moment later as we trudge to our rooms. It wasn't like it was the first time that I had homework to do, but my mind was elsewhere besides homework. I didn't feel like doing right now as I curl up on my bed, gazing out the window. The breeze blew the trees as the sun was setting and night fall was coming sooner than before.