Chapter: 15 Obstacles

Chapter: 15

Being back at school was better than being at home, but it was only because I was going crazy there. Unfortunately, I didn't see Noah outside doing his patrol, but I guess after what had happened with Lila and what she had told me about who I am. How can I even move forward with this news? What did Lila mean to ask him as well? Did everyone know? Everyone knew and I was the one being kept in the dark. How was that fair to me? I didn't know, but I didn't appreciate being kept in the dark. I had a right to know about this all along, but the thing was. It was a little scary to realize what I am.

The bell ranged as I realized that I had zoned out during my history class and had no clue what he was talking about at all. Great, if he had mentioned a quiz or a test. I am screwed! Literally, screw, but no one said anything about the test or homework. So, I am good for right now. With a deep breath, I exit into the hallway while looking out the windows that look into the main courtyard of the school. I pause as I thought I saw something there, but as I slowed down to get a good look at the thing that I saw there. There was nothing there. My imagination must be playing tricks on me. While shaking my head, I turn away from the window and walk down the staircase. Everyone was thinning out or going to their classes.

Luckily for me, I have a free period of catching up on my history lesson that we went over and I wasn't paying attention. As I headed into the library again for my free period, the sister witches were nowhere to be found. They usually have a free period with me, but maybe Irene was doing something and Abigail was nowhere to be found. I didn't care right now. I walk over to where I normally sat and realize that I hadn't see Hayden yet either. Maybe, she isn't back, but after that attack. I wouldn't be surprised to see if she was here or not. With a soft sigh, I pulled my history book out of my bag and place it on the table. Opening it up to the page that we were on, I also reach to pull out my spiral notebook and my mechanical pencil.

This felt like deja vu, but this was how the normalcy of my life went. School. Homework. Home. Bed. Repeat. Repeat. It was probably why I have such good grades and had never ever missed a school day except for yesterday when Lila kept me from school. Only to tell me that I am some miracle baby that had bind two curse species together. It didn't sit well with me and it made me worried. It was probably why I was so distracted today as well. I propped my chin in my hand while sighing like the tenth time today. This was pointless. Why did I think that I was going to get anything done during my free period? 

There was too much on my mind. I felt bombarded with all of this new information and the sisters had disappeared on me. So, I was alone right now, but it would be nice if they were here with me. Sadly, they weren't and I will have to get over it. The person that I wasn't expecting to see at all had to walk to where I was located and when I look up after placing my earbuds in. Noah stood there with that infamous smirk on those lips that look kissable. My breath hitch in the back of my throat as I stare at him. Taking in his beauty and notice how sexy he was. I pulled my earbuds out as he began to ask me a question, "Didn't we meet here for our first time?"