The Amazon

A/N: Thank you all for reading and sticking with the story for this long. You are all amazing. You have no idea how much I appreciate each of you. 

Jofisk Poor little guy. He had such a hard life. He just needs some TLC. 

SyraTsukiano Not even Yugi's charms could get the secret out of Atem lol. Not that the pharaoh was complaining. 

Please enjoy the chapter and smack that vote button! Also, comment love is very much appreciated too. I love to hear what my readers think. 

/Thoughts/

Yugi stumbled off of the plane, not having slept much on the flight. The flight over was bumpy and could in no way be considered leisurely. The archaeologist spent the trip over reviewing details about the Amazon and double and triple checking his gear. 

Additionally, Atem had peaked his curiosity when he mentioned a "surprise." Yugi could not stop thinking about what his sun-kissed pharaoh could possible have planned up his sleeve. The little bit of time Yugi had in between reading about the Amazon and checking his gear was spent attempting to figure out the surprise. Atem had left him utterly clueless. Quite literally. The pharaoh wouldn't even part his dusky lips to provide a hint. 

Yugi blinked in an attempt to clear the blurriness from his vision. He groaned, feeling beyond exhausted. 

"Hey there, Little Guy!" A familiar gruff voice rang through the airport. Yugi was lifted of the ground and spun around, "It's good to see you."

Yugi giggled, "It's good to see you too, Keith!"

"You don't look so good, Yugi. You're eyes are all bloodshot and your hair is frizzy," Kieth ruffled Yugi's already chaotic mess of hair. "Was your flight on the way over rough?" Keith inquired, pulling his sunglasses down to get a better look at Yugi.

"Yes," Yugi sighed, "I didn't get much sleep." He smiled at Keith, "So where do we go now?"

"I have a jeep. We are taking that to the Amazon River where there is a boat waiting for us," Keith explained, helping Yugi with his luggage.

"Do we at least have a guide? I don't trust you to not get us lost," Yugi jested.

"I'm insulted! I got us out of that cave. Remember?" Kieth's face darkened before he winked, "Of course we do! I'm not going to trek down the Amazon river without a guide."

\/\/\/

A violent thunderstorm raged around their boat as it made its way down the river. Lightning lit up the sky while each thunder clap vibrated through the floorboards of the small craft. The howling wind pelted rain down upon them. 

Yugi wrapped a black tarp around his petite form to try and stay as dry as possible. The fierce wind and stinging rain proved difficult to fend off. Yugi hunched over and pulled the tarp closer around him. 

"Uh..Yugi," Keith sat down next to him.

"Hmm?" Yugi tilted his head up enough to look at his archaeologist companion.

"I have some bad news," even in the limited light from their torch, Yugi could see the blonde eyebrows pull together.

Yugi chuckled, "Don't tell me we're lost." Keith just continued to stare at Yugi. The petite man's smile disappeared; replaced with concern and worry, "We're not lost are we?"

Keith grit his teeth, "Our idiot captain aka 'guide' got us lost."

"You're kidding," Yugi sighed