Close Encounter

A/N: Thank you all for reading, voting, and for those who have left comments! Thank you so much for your support! It is appreciated. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Please continue to share your support through reading, voting, and comments. 

/Thoughts/

The door flung open to Yami's apartment as the crimson eyed professor walked in excitedly, "Yugi? I have good news for you!" 

Seven months had passed since Yugi moved in with Yami. The petite tri-colored youth continued to live with Yami throughout the entire spring semester. Yami clearly saw that Yugi was not ready to go back to campus; thus he urged him to take online classes. With the constant encouragement and support provided by Yami, Yugi was able to complete the spring semester. He still did not feel he could take going back to campus just yet. The very mention of Dominick's name sent him into a panic attack. He hoped that with some rest and relaxation through the summer he would be able to return to a normal school schedule with classes on campus during the fall.

Yami closed the door and locked the bolt before looking around for his little doppelganger, "Yugi? Are you here?" He did not receive any response and did not hear any movement. He walked passed the dark bathroom and cracked open the door to the bedroom, "Yugi?" The bed was in disarray; however, there was still no sign of Yugi. 

Yami began to worry as he took a step further into the room and looked in the last place Yugi could possibly be in his small apartment; the desk. Yami breathed a sigh of relief when his eyes fell upon Yugi. His tri-colored look-a-like was hunched over his lap top and snoring. He quietly chuckled to himself as he approached the tri-colored youth. He ran his fingers gently through Yugi's hair earning a soft groan from the boy.

"Yugi?" Yami's deep silken voice called out to the little one.

Yugi lifted his head slowly. He blinked his brilliant heavy sleep laden eyes, "Oh hi Yami!"

The professor couldn't help himself, he burst out in a deep laugh that resounded through the entire apartment. Yugi tilted his head confused, "What's so funny?"

Yami caressed Yugi's check gently, "You have key markings on your face, I think I can even make out the s, d, and f keys on your cheek!" He held his sides; his booming laughter filled the once quiet room.

Yugi blushed bright pink. His fingers nimbly massaged his cheek, trying to make the markings go away. Desperately seeking a topic change; his amethyst eyes glanced back to the laptop trying to remember what he was doing before he fell asleep, "Oh, Yami, the grades are out for the spring semester."

Yami's laughter died down quickly, "Oh? And how did you do little one?"

"I got straight A's" Yugi exclaimed excitedly.

"That is fantastic, Yugi! Congratulations. You earned those grades and I am so proud of you," Yami beamed.

"Thank you," the once dying blush on Yugi's cheeks was rekindled with a vengeance.

"I have some great news for you as well little one!" Yami smiled.

"What news?" Yugi asked, eager to hear what his taller look-a-like had to say.

"I spoke to Mrs. Whittmore today and explained the situation," A startled look crossed Yugi's face, Yami raised his hands, "Don't worry, Yugi, I only told her the need-to-know stuff as we discussed before."

Yugi breathed a sigh of relief, "What did she say?"

"She said you are welcome to come back and work at the library with them. You can work part time at the Circulation Desk again for the summer and they will reevaluate you to see if you can stay for the fall semester." Yugi's mouth gaped open. Yami's crimson irises saddened, "What's wrong Yugi? I thought you would be happy. You told me a few times you liked working at the library."