Finding Love

A/N: Hellooooooo everyone! Thank you so much for your support with the votes! Keep them coming! You are welcome to feed the authoress with comments as well. I promise I won't bite.... Well... at least not hard. *Grins*

I hope you like the chapter!

/Thoughts/

Yugi groaned; the large brilliant amethyst eyes cracked open, "Where, am I?"

Yami lowered the book he was reading to his lap, "You are at the hospital. Do you remember what happened?"

Yugi's face turned bright pink, "Yes." He whispered.

"How are you feeling?" Yami stood. Placing the book on the chair he had just occupied, he approached the side of Yugi's bed.

"Much better now," the petite youth looked around the hospital room for a few moments; his eyes eventually returning to Yami.

Yami leaned against the bed and looked deep into the big amethyst pools of sadness, "Why did you do it, Yugi? Why would you try to kill yourself?"

Yugi gulped, "You probably won't believe me if I told you."

Yami tilted his head, "Why do you say that?"

Yugi sighed and shook his head, "I wasn't trying to kill myself."

Confusion etched its way onto the young professor's face, "But you overdosed. That usually means the person is trying to commit suicide."

"I promise that was not the case. At least not completely. I needed an escape so I took a gamble," amethyst eyes adverted from searching crimson. Small hands traced the fabric of the hospital bed as Yugi glanced downward, avoiding the intense look Yami was giving him.

Yami raised an eyebrow, "An escape and a gable? That is a damn big gamble, Yugi."

Yugi's head snapped up, tears filled his eyes, "I know! But I figured, either way, it would be an escape! I was desperate, Yami! I couldn't take it anymore."

"What happened to you to bring you to this point little one?" Yami sat on the bed and placed his hand on Yugi's trembling ones.

"I...don't want to talk about it," Yugi blinked away the tears and swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Yugi," Yami gave the youth's hands a squeeze, "It was Dominick wasn't it?"

After several long moments of heavy silence, Yugi nodded. He gave up on holding back the tears. They appeared in his gorgeous amethyst eyes and escaped down his cheeks, leaving salty wet trails in their wake.

Yami's mouth went dry and he could feel his rage building. He took a deep breath and masked his rage behind a smile, "It will be okay. I won't let him hurt you again," he gave Yugi's hands a squeeze and stood, "I need to go back to campus for a little while. I will return later."

"Okay." Yugi squeezed his hand in return as small smile crawled its way across his lips as he watched his professor gather his belongings.

Yami paused at the door and turned, "I will return today, Yugi. Please get some rest. You need it."

Yugi nodded again before he allowed his body to relax and let go of the conscious world. He was plummeted into a deep and much needed sleep.

The crimson eyes were alight with the fury burning within him. He had never been this angry before. He took long determined strides, searching the campus for the object of his fury; Dominick. It was probably not a good idea to be searching for him while this angry, but he didn't care. Yugi had been seriously abused by this asshole and he would make him pay.