Chapter 114

After dinner, Lexa and I are preparing to go to bed for the night when Raven bursts in with a hand over her eyes. She must think we are doing or about to do something. We are half naked, but only because we like to sleep naked. I pull on my thin sleep shirt and Lexa puts her undershirt back on.

"Sorry to barge in, guys but Bellamy radioed in. Um, are you both decent?"

"Morally?" Lexa asks, confused by the apparent change in subject.

It's adorable and I can't resist leaning in and softly kissing her nose before responding. "She means 'do we have clothes on'. Which we do, Rae."

"Darn," Raven murmurs. She winks at us when she uncovers her eyes before getting serious again. "Okay, here's the main walkie. Would it be alright if I stay here with you guys and listen?"

I exchange a quick look with Lexa and shrug. "Why not?" I press the side button on the walkie talkie. "Bellamy?"

"Hey Griffin." He greets quietly. "I'm not in the best place to talk to you guys but it doesn't seem like there's any good places here to radio in. I'm hiding in a closet by the cage room, which is creepy as heck by the way. They all looked at me like they wanted to bite my face off until I mentioned your names."

"Have you found Maya yet?" I ask.

"Nope. I did manage to get a key card so I can get around this place, though. And this closet has some spare guard uniforms. I can't tell if I'm just having really good luck or what." He pauses for a moment. "How's Octavia? Is she doing okay?"

"She's missing you and Lincoln," Raven answers.

"Lincoln's not back to you guys yet?" Bellamy questions, sounding worried.

I fight the urge to smile despite the serious situation. I had hoped that a welcome side effect of putting the two of them together on this would be Bellamy ending up liking and trusting Lincoln more.

"Not that we know of." Lexa answers. "He is smart and resourceful, Bellamy. I am sure he is either close or has stopped to rest."

"Yeah," Bellamy breathes out. "I'm going to go find Maya. You guys stay safe. I'll radio back when I can."

"Be careful," I say.

Lexa looks up at Raven. "Go and tell Octavia about what Bellamy has said. Let her know that he has radioed and is safe. Tell her and the guards to let us know when Lincoln gets back, even if it is late."

Raven bows her head and leaves the tent with the walkie talkie after saying a quick goodnight.

"Sometimes I forget how serious she can be." I murmur at the swishing tent flap.

Lexa hums in response and takes my hand in hers. I pull myself from my thoughts and look down at our entwined hands. I look back up at Lexa, who's smiling softly at me.

"Shall we go to bed?" Lexa asks quietly.

I grin and her and take a half step closer. "You just want to see me naked again."

Lexa's smile widens and a light blush colors her cheeks. "Can you blame me? Yu ste meizen (you are beautiful)."

Now I'm blushing and I kiss her. She relaxes in my arms and by some unspoken agreement, we begin gently taking off each other's clothes. She touches every inch of skin that's revealed reverently, like I'm a goddess she can't believe she is allowed to touch.

When she leans in and kisses me again, there's no motivation behind it. That's one of the reasons being with her feels so different than most other aspects of my life. I know that she wouldn't mind taking this farther and taking me to bed but I also know that she wouldn't mind just cuddling, or just kissing like this. It feels like no matter what I give her, it's enough and that makes me want to give her everything.

We gently fall on the bed together and make love.

***

I'm rudely awoken by someone rushing into our tent.

"Clarke! Lexa!" Raven practically shouts.

I groan in protest, still hating waking up early. Lexa and I didn't stay up very late, but it feels like the sun isn't even up yet.

"What?" I grumble, pulling the fur higher and refusing to open my eyes.

"Lincoln's back! He told Anya and Luna what happened and then went into a tent with Octavia. I think you can guess what they're doing now. Anyway, everything went fine on that front. But also, Bellamy radioed again." Raven says quickly.

It takes my sleepy brain a second or two longer than usual to take all of this in. "Alright. What did he say?"

I sit up slowly and frown when I hear Raven squeak. I open my eyes and scowl when I realize that Lexa (who's blinking like an adorable raccoon that just woke up) and I are both naked. And the furs just slid down as I sat up, so Raven's staring at the tent above my head so she doesn't look at my chest.

I groan again. "Just turn around and tell us what happened while we get dressed."

Raven turns around and clears her throat awkwardly. "Right. Um, okay. So Bellamy found Maya and she's going to help him. She agreed with the plan, which is more than I expected. And they're working on planning out the backup plan just in case."

"Good. They're going to work on the fog next, right?" I ask.

"Yeah. Bellamy thought you might ask that. Everything seems to be going according to plan, which is... Suspicious, to say the least."

"It is," I admit. "What time is it?"

"It's almost dawn," Raven responds and I sigh. I guess I won't be getting any more sleep, then. "Everyone's getting ready to go. Well, after breakfast. Do you have any last minute changes to make to our marching positions?"

I think about it for a moment. "Yes. Now that we know for certain the Maunon know we are coming and coming to fight them, I think there may be some snipers. Make sure everyone keeps an eye out and put Skaikru with good aim in strategic places."

"Spoken like a true leader." Lexa remarks, taking my hand that's in hers up to her lips.

"If you think there are snipers, maybe you and Lexa shouldn't be in the front or so exposed." Raven suggests worriedly.

Lexa and I exchange a look and she responds. "No. We stay where we have been. We are not scared of them." Raven opens her mouth to protest but Lexa speaks again before she can, this time in a softer and more understanding tone. "We will be careful, Raven."

Slightly longer chapter... Man, this has me hooked! And in case you lovely people are worried about the possible snipers, remember that I love happy endings and I don't kill off major characters :) Next chapter, they resume marching. Thank you all for reading and for your amazing comments! Stay awesome!