Chapter 104

"What now?" Mom asks.

"We should head back to the Skaikru camp." Lexa answers. "First, Clarke and Abby, you should check on the injured and make sure there is no one that is too ill or hurt to be taken there."

Mom and I nod and make our way over to where everyone's gathered. Most recognize her right away and are more hesitant to let me look them over until Mom reassures them that I know what I'm doing.

There aren't many total people here, which worries me until mom says they only put the people who couldn't fit in the other three stations in here. Almost everyone in this place made it down alive, with the only exception being an elderly man and someone who got hit by debris on impact.

There aren't any kids here, they were all split up between two of the safer stations.

After an hour or so we determine that everyone can be safely moved to the Skaikru camp. Lexa and I lead the way, with Raven, Luna, Anya, Mom, and Kane directly behind us followed by the other people and spread out guards to make sure no one gets lost.

"I don't know if everyone can fit in the Skaikru camp," I murmur to Lexa.

"I do not think they can either." Lexa answers. "We can build a secondary camp nearby for ArkKru while we build a more permanent place for them to live."

"Where would we build the permanent home?" I wonder.

"Perhaps they could incorporate one of their stations into it." Lexa muses.

"That's a great idea!" I say enthusiastically. "It will give them a sense of familiarity and it won't take as much work as building entirely new structures. You're brilliant, hodnes (love)."

I see Lexa's cheeks flush as she squeezes my hand and murmurs out a thank you. It's cute how unused she is to genuine compliments like this.

"Will they be okay in tents?" Lexa worries.

"They just spent their entire lives in a metal death trap in space. They'll be okay." I assure her.

We reach the camp and arrive to see a beautiful sight. All around, there are people hugging each other and crying. Lexa and I step out of the way so the people behind us can join in and find their loved ones. Luna, Anya, and Raven stay by us while Mom and Kane move through the crowd, greeting people.

Kane lights up when he sees an older woman and hugs her. I recognize her, she's the one who was in charge of taking care of the Eden Tree. She must be his mom.

I can see Raven's eyes scanning the crowd, a frown on her face. I wonder who she's looking for. I head footsteps approaching the camp and put a hand on my sword as I look out through the gate. My eyes widen and I run over.

"Nyko!" I cry out, throwing myself in the arms of my friend.

He's at the beginning of an impressively large group of people that includes a bunch on kids. I remember seeing little kids in the Skaikru camp, which means both of the stations with kids in them survived.

"Hello, Clarke." He greets.

Nyko setts me down and lets the people pass us as they head towards the camp. His giant self parts the sea of people easily.

"It's been so long! How have you been?" I ask as we start walking back towards the gate.

"It has been hectic without you," he admits. "I miss having my helper but I understand what you are doing here is important as well."

"I missed you too." I respond with a smile.

We walk alongside each other for a minute or two until Nyko's name is called. He apologizes and excuses himself, giving me one last quick hug before he goes off to help someone.

I head back to Lexa and take her hand in mine after silently making sure it's still okay for me to do so. She smiles and kisses my cheek before looking at the reuniting people.

"Reyes!" Someone yells, making Raven's head snap towards them.

Raven's eyes widen and her mouth drops open into a wide grin.

"Sinclair!" She calls back.

He hurries over and swoops Raven into a tight looking hug but she doesn't seem to mind in the least. This must be her mentor, the one who helped her with the calculations about the station's explodability (her words, not mine).

"Raven, it's so good to see you." He says, tears in his eyes.

"I'm so glad you're okay." She murmurs into his shoulder.

I can't see Raven's face but she is definitely crying right now. He pulls away after a while and beams at her. Sinclair looks up and sees Luna and Anya, who are watching them with soft expressions.

"Hello, we haven't properly met yet." Sinclair says politely. "I'm Sinclair, I was Raven's mentor on the Ark."

"It is nice to meet you," Anya responds. "I am Anya and this is Luna." She exchanges a quick look with Raven like she's making sure it's okay to tell him about their relationship. Raven nods and she continues. "We are Raven's girlfriends. So you are a mechanic?"

"Yes, I am. What do you two do?"

"I am leader of a clan called Floukru," Luna responds. "Anya is a General in the Heda's army."

"Impressive. I'm glad Raven has you to look out for her." He says.

They continue talking and I turn to Lexa. "Should we address everyone?"

Lexa nods. "We should. We can get up on the wall."

"That could work."

"Is my kohl smudged at all?" Lexa asks.

"You're nervous," I gasp out in surprise. I kiss her cheek and squeeze her hand. "Your kohl is fine. We are too. Now let's get up there."

Lexa clears her throat and gives me a shy grin that makes me melt. I kiss her until we're both slightly dazed. Lexa nods to herself and confidently walks up the stairs on the wall with my beside her.

Next chapter, they talk to the people! And hey, Nyko and Sinclair made it down alright! Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!