Chapter 107

The next few days are hectic.

More often than not, Lexa and I are by each other's side, which I'm pretty sure is the reason neither of us have snapped yet. It's stressful, with us making almost all of the big decisions for the station we are turning into a livable area for the ArkKru.

Raven, Bellamy, Octavia, Anya, Luna, and Lincoln are a godsend and have become kind of like our underlings, carrying out our commands. They're the ones out there making sure people are working and building it right.

Mom has been helping when she can, but she and Jackson are busy helping the ill and the injured. Not to mention the fact she has been overseeing the construction of the hospital area.

Needless to say, we are all exhausted. The builders are tired as well and I know they probably all fall asleep as soon as they get back to their tents. I dream of that happening for Lexa and me. We have been working almost nonstop since the morning after the party, with just a few power naps when we realize we're swaying on our feet.

Everyone notices, but it's mom that calls us out on it on the third day.

"When is the last time the two of you slept for more than four hours?" Mom asks, frowning.

"We're fine."

I try to wave off her concern, but I doubt she's impressed by my suppressed yawn.

"That's not what I asked, Clarke Griffin." Oh no. Last name.

I squint, thinking. The night after the party, we stayed up pretty late making love and I don't think we hit the four hour mark. The night before that I was so worried about mom that I kept waking up and having nightmares. Lexa didn't get much sleep that night either, she spent a lot of time calming me down.

"She has to actually think about it." Raven says, surprised.

"It's not that bad," I try to argue.

"Oh yeah? What were you and Lexa doing last night while everyone else was asleep?" Octavia prompts, crossing her arms.

I pretend not to hear my mom say "do I want to know?" under her breath.

"...We were looking at our plan for the Maunon." I admit. Mom gives me a hard look. "We have to make sure it's as good as it can be!"

"You and Lexa are working yourselves too hard," Mom says sternly. Even Lexa avoids making eye contact with her. "You won't be able to do anything or be of any use if you're too exhausted to think straight."

"They'll never think straight," Raven says and gets a full on Griffin Glare from Mom. She holds up her hands in surrender. "Sorry, Mama G. Couldn't resist the gay joke. It was too easy."

Mom rolls her eyes at Raven but I can see a hint of an affectionate smile. She turns back to Lexa and I, serious again.

"Clarke, Lexa. You two are going to go to sleep." I open my mouth to protest but she cuts me off. "Nope. No questions, no comments. Just... Go get some rest. If anything happens, we'll come get you."

"Fine," I sigh.

I take Lexa's hand as we walk out of our 'planning tent.' It's basically just the headquarters for the building project. Lexa rubs her thumb across the back of my hand as we head to our makeshift tent near the station. It's smaller, just big enough for there to be a bed and somewhere to put a few changes of clothes.

As soon as we step inside, Lexa lets her eyelids droop and she tries to muffle a wide yawn. She succeeds in looking like an adorable sleepy person. I lead my girlfriend over to the bed and we start stripping each other out of our clothes.

I get under the pelts and scoot to the center, holding my arms open wide so Lexa can snuggle up against me. She lays her head on my shoulder and drapes an arm across my stomach, giving my neck a tired kiss.

With her comforting weight on my chest, I fall asleep easily and we don't wake up until the next morning.

I feel refreshed and Lexa looks a lot more calm than before. I hold her tighter against me as the morning sunlight starts peeking through the tent.

"No more not sleeping." I murmur.

Lexa hums in agreement. We stay where we are until we hear the familiar sounds of the building starting again. We get dressed and head over to the planning tent, where Mom and the others look more than happy to see us.

"Good, you're here. Running all of this is more difficult than the two of you make it seem." Mom gives us a kind smile but I see worry hidden behind it.

"Mom? What's wrong?" I ask, concerned.

She shifts on her feet. "Nothing's wrong, something's just out of the ordinary. Um, one of Anya's scouts didn't come back this morning."

Now Lexa looks troubled. "They're all highly skilled and trained. They know to be back when Anya asks them to be."

"Was it Artigas?" I ask. The thought crossed my mind and I have to know.

Anya shakes her head. "No."

I let out a sigh of relief. "Good. But you're right, this is weird. Should we send some more scouts after them?"

"I have already done that," Anya says. "I worry it is not something good."

"With our enemy, it will not be a good thing." Lexa says confidently. "We should increase patrols and send a group of trackers to their last known location."

Anya nods seriously. "Yes Heda. Anything else?"

She looks around the room but no one has any more suggestions. She bows her head to Lexa and then leaves the tent.

"What do we do now?" Mom asks.

"We continue working." Lexa answers. "Keep an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Do not let anyone go anywhere alone. Be careful."

We all nod and the others leave the tent to go tell the builders what's going on while Lexa and I look over a map where Anya has marked where the scout was last seen.

Ooh, what's going on? We'll find out... ;) Happy Valentine's Day! Thank you all for reading and for your lovely comments! Stay awesome!