Chapter 150

*** Blood and Toture!!! Not of Lexa and Clarke, but Jaha!

The next two days is just us disarming rockets, which is simultaneously terrifying and boring. It's tedious and repetitive and there are 936 of them, and four of us. Not including the times that Raven goes around and checks that we didn't mess up anywhere.

When we're finally done, I'm more than happy that I don't have to go back into that room. Lexa and I spend the rest of the day helping Raven find trustworthy people to strip the rockets down into spare parts.

Luna and Anya agree to help and Raven spends the day teaching them while Lexa and I find people. They'll mainly act as guards and will patrol, making sure no one does anything stupid. They trail off after a while, hopefully to get the shock absorbing carts from the Mountain.

We get a pretty good number of people to help, more than I expected. Roughly twenty are happy to help us, and two even volunteered for helping remove the rocket fuel tanks since they were also once engineers or mechanics. They chat with each other, debating the best way to get rid of rocket fuel without causing a large explosion.

Once we're done with that, Lexa and I eat a quick dinner and pass out on our bed, too exhausted to even talk beforehand. 

***

"Ready for this?" I ask Raven.

It's finally time to head back to the Skaikru for Jaha's execution. Raven's been so busy that we've hardly had the chance to see her, let alone ask her what she's decided.

Raven gets up on her horse with the gentle help from Anya and Luna, though I know she hates the fact that she needs help getting on and off the horse. Her lips are pursed.

"I think I'll do it." She says hesitantly. "I'll have my girls with me, so I should be okay."

Anya, who still has her hand resting on Raven's right leg, squeezes gently. Raven smiles softly down at her and Luna before they get on their own horses.

"Just let Lexa and I know if you change your mind," I say.

"I will. But I probably won't. Change my mind, I mean."

I nod and put my foot in my horse's stirrup, using it to push myself up and swinging my body over to sit on top of the saddle. Lexa approaches us on her midnight black horse that shakes it's head impatiently when she stops it.

"Are you all ready? Do you have everything you will need?" Lexa asks.

We all nod. Lexa clicks her tongue and her horse begins moving, it's slightly faster than normal pace telling how happy it is to not be cooped up in a stable anymore. We haven't been able to get out and ride in a while, not since before we defeated the Mountain.

I ride alongside her, our horses falling in step with each other automatically.

"I don't know if you heard this earlier, but Raven said yes earlier." I say after a pause.

"To being the one to kill Jaha instead of me?" Lexa asks for clarification and I nod. "Good. She deserves that closure. Do you think she will change her mind?"

"No." I shake my head. "Jaha wasn't just terrible to her, he tried to have her killed. That isn't something so easily forgiven and forgotten. Plus, if nothing else she has Luna and Anya with her. She'll be okay."

Lexa nods her assent and we continue riding in a calm, peaceful silence. I spend the time looking around the forest, admiring the beauty around me. And I'm not just talking about Lexa.

The ride is long but the company is good, so I don't find myself minding it too much. Even when Raven gets bored enough to decide to "entertain" us with her singing random songs she remembers from the Ark. Luna and Anya seem more amused than anything, and Lexa doesn't really mind until Raven starts singing some song about sex. Then she minds. She doesn't speak up, but her disturbed expression and her glances back at her sister and former mentor speaks volumes.