Chapter 69

"So what happened?" Anya asks.

Lexa and I exchange a look and she nods to silently tell me that I can answer. I tell them everything. How I woke up disoriented and tried to escape but was knocked back out. How I woke up again and escaped the room. How I kidnapped Maya by holding a piece of broken glass to her neck (by the time I get to that point, even Indra looks impressed). Then I talk about how I met that weird guy who offered me a place to stay there "away from the savages". Lexa purses her lips angrily at that. I've told her the basics of what happened, but now I'm going into detail so much of this she hasn't heard explained.

I tell them how Maya ended up helping me by telling me where there was a map and how to escape. I go over how I left her outside the door to the cages and went inside without her. I talk about how I found Lexa, and that girl in a cage who thought I was Maunon because of my clothes. How I rushed to Lexa's cage and found her there unconscious (I leave out some details like how thin and frail she looked; Lexa probably doesn't want them to know that). How I hid and knocked out that patrolling guard and took their clothing. How I got Lexa out of her cage

Artigas gets this heartbroken expression on his face when I tell them about the chute and how we landed in bodies. Anya, Luna, and Indra look pissed about that. I tell them about how we found our armor and weapons. I talk about how we were chased down the tunnel by guards and that one leader guy that I'm pretty sure isn't sane. I get to the part where we leap down into the water below, which makes Anya murmur "reckless" and give Lexa a look that tells me that if she weren't so happy to see her, Lexa would be getting a smack to the back of her head.

I explain how we ran, but they kept finding us even when some of the best Trikru trackers wouldn't be able to. How we figured out we both had a tracker embedded in our skin and how we took them out. At that, Artigas silently gets up. I'm worried at first, but he gives me a smile and gestures for me to continue. He walks out of the tent just as I resume.

I talk about how we put the trackers in a wild pig and sent it on its way. I talk about how we kept going, unable to find anywhere good to stop and rest until I literally tripped over the bunker. Anya smirks at that and Artigas rejoins us with my medical bag. I take it and thank him. I talk about how we stayed in the bunker as I make Lexa roll up her sleeve. I unwrap the bandages to expose where the tracker used to be. I explain how we got here as Lexa hisses from the disinfectant.

When I finish talking, I focus on cleaning her wound. Bonus, it gives them time to process everything I've told them. I use a rag to wipe off the dried blood and gently dab around the wound that's slowly leaking blood. Lexa subtly flinches a few times when I get to a sensitive part.

When I'm satisfied, I pull out my needle and thread. Lexa gives me a look that silently asks if that's really necessary. I give her a look in response and she nods, relenting. I put a numbing gel around her wound so she won't be able to feel it as much and start gently stitching her up. It's not as effective as I would like, not like the one my mother used on the Ark. It depends on the person, how much it works. But luckily it seems to help Lexa, because she doesn't even wince.

When I'm done, I wrap up her wound and then put my supplies back in my bag. Lexa pulls back down her sleeve. I look back at the others, who are still watching us. I lean back in my chair after setting down my medical bag.

"What is our next move, Heda?" Indra asks.

"We enjoy the feast. In the morning, Clarke and I will head to the hundred to talk to them." Lexa responds.

"Lexa." Luna says, frowning. "You should have a few guards with you."

"There will be guards in the trees." Lexa says dismissively. Luna doesn't back down and she sighs. "Very well. If you would like, you and Anya could come with us as well as Artigas. Only if you will keep level heads." Lexa gazes at her sternly, leaving no room for discussion. "We do not know what we are walking into. Trust that Clarke and I know what we are doing. Let us handle the discussions. And do not lose your temper."

Luna and Anya don't look too happy, but agree to her terms.

"Artigas?" I ask. "Would you like to come with us?"

He brightens. I know Lexa mentioned that he can go, but I'm not sure that he's used to being asked what he wants. I know Anya prefers to order people around.

"Sha (yes), thank you. I promise I will be on my best behavior." He bows his head slightly, practically vibrating with youthful excitement.

"Now that is settled." Lexa says authoritatively. "Go and get ready for the feast."

The others all bow their heads to her and leave. Artigas gives me a wide smile as he goes. It's kind of funny how much he's looking forward to tomorrow, especially since Lexa and I are dreading it and can't shake our worry.

Lexa slumps slightly in her throne, letting out a breath. I take her hand and we stand together. She leads me to a larger chair and sits. Lexa gestures for me to sit as well and I comply. I end up about half on her lap and snuggles against her side.

"At least that's over with." I say, kissing her cheek.

Lexa hums in response and kisses me softly, making any thoughts in my head not involving her melt away.

Awww... Next chapter will be the feast! Thank you all for reading and for your incredible comments! Stay awesome!