Divorced ch.45

I may say Regina is moving too fast, but who am I to say.... I've fallen completely in love with a man that I only been dating for five months- we basically live together and some people may consider us as a little family. The only thing missing from the equation is a ring- a material that may seem like nothing, but it actually means a lot on the certain little finger.

I was having marriage fever....

For the past week I've been helping out Danielle, making sure our mother doesn't choke her out with demands and also making sure she has everything she wanted for her wedding. In top of that, I've been debating if I should attend Regina's wedding- which is tomorrow morning. I had thoughts of getting married once again, it's been awhile since I had those thoughts- more like a decade ago.

I felt like a teenager when thinking about this stuff. Truth be told, when I think of marriage it makes me cringe now. Justin and I did not have a good marriage, even though we've been together for ten years and married for six- we were always isolating ourselves with work and business trips. Soon the isolation made Justin turn to adultery and I
to wine. I was basically a stereotyped housewife, minus the children.

I'm afraid that would happen to Aaron and I, even though we learn something new about each other mostly everyday, but soon all that learning will die down. I just don't want a horrible marriage and become on of those women that get married over and over again.

"...Skyler!" Danielle waved her hand in front of my face while screaming out my name, causing a few people in the fancy restaurant to stare at us as if we were crazy. "Are you listening to me?"

"No," I told her straight up before sipping on my margarita, even though it's ten in the morning.

"Obviously not. What's on your mind?" She asked while sipping on her water.

"Nothing."

"You're drinking at ten in the morning and staring off into space. Either your drunk or worried about something."

"It's nothing. What cake did you like the most? I believe the vanilla cake was good with lemon frosting, but the red velvet would match your color scheme." I set my drink down before giving Danielle my full attention.

Danielle slowly rolled her eyes before saying, "Don't change the subject. Tell me, tell your sis."

"Danielle, how long have you and Dave been dating before he popped the question?"

Her lips tugged into a smile when she heard Dave's name. "For about a year and nine months. We were kinda off and on. Why?"

"I- Let's not-"

"Sky, come on." She nudged my hand that was flat in the table. "Tell me, I'm dying from the mystery."

"Okay, fine." I huffed while slowly rolling my eyes. "I'm having marriage fever- there I said it."

"What? Omg Sky, that's awesome."

"No," I shook my head in disagreement. "It's not actually. Let's not talk about it."

"I understand, we've all been through it. So you want Aaron to put a ring on it? That so-"

"Danielle please," I cut her off before she could start questioning.

She rolled her eyes once again and sighed heavily. "But answer this, do you really love him? Not like affection love, but emotional. You want to talk to him all night or just be by his side love."

I did not hesitate to answer by nodding my head yes and grinning like a fat boy who found a chocolate bar in his pocket. "Of course. I mean, I may be moving to fast but I believe Aaron is the one. I'm trying not to compare, but Aaron is way better than Justin in everything. He loves me for me and I love him for him. Aaron even loves my kinky hair, the people I dated never liked my natural hair." Not even Regina, she'll give me this look every time I leave my hair out and kinky....