Divorced ch.17

Oddly, I found myself walking in the crowded coffee shop for the morning rush hour. After dropping Mike off at school, I decided to occupy my mind with some caffeine, a good book and the entertainment of business workers rushing in and out the door.

I couldn't help but frown... Not at them, but at myself. How come I had to be a writer?... How come I couldn't be a business woman that busy herself with work to not even care about others, nor herself. Of course, business woman has feelings; but they can easily tuck it away in a tiny box full of their imagination and dreams of adventure.

It was obvious I was still pondering about the accidental kiss. It was only twenty hours ago when Kiran kissed me and I have not yet confess to Regina about this action. There's no need.... It was just a misunderstanding, no need to make Regina mad about it....But if I do say something, I may feel better... Nah, it's like telling your mom that you accidental went outside, even though you're on punishment.... She'll still get mad...

Why is this eating me up?... Guilt, definitely guilt.. It always get to me, no matter how small or big the situation is; guilt is always having a fiesta in my stomach.

"Funny, something in my stomach told me I shouldn't have come here; but of course, I had to go against it." There she is, the woman that's making me think so hard about my relationship choices. Kiran stood on the other side of the table with her large coffee cup in her hands and a small nerves smile on her face.

I wasn't surprised that she would show up, the Café is extremely popular and has the best damn coffee in Times Square... No, I'm not talking about Starbucks...

"May I sit?" She gestured to the empty chair she stood in front of. Seeing that the café was packed, I nod my head in agreement.

"It's a free country," I shrugged my shoulders, to mainly take my mind off of how good she looks.

Ever since the kiss, I could not take my mind off how good Kiran looks. Regina... Regina looks are amazing, I can't lie about that. But Kiran gives off a innocent look that makes her stand out in the crowd... I need to stop.. I'm being stupid, like a hormonal teenage boy...

Kiran took a seat before setting her large coffee on the table. "I-I wanted to talk to you-"

"Kiran," I stopped her before she can even finish. "Let's not talk about that, let's just drink our coffee and enjoy the morning rush hour."

"I just want to say, I'm sorry." Kiran spoke out after a few seconds of silence between us.

"Kiran-"

"No, Skyler hear me out... I didn't mean too, well I did mean too; but I did not want to come off strong."

My eyebrows arched in question, "Strong?"

She nod her head yes, making her long flowing hair fall over her shoulders. "Yeah," she took a sip of her coffee.

"You do realize I'm in a relationship and even if I came off the wrong way, that doesn't mean you could kiss me. Kiran-"

"Are you happy the relationship?" Kiran suddenly asked, which made me choke on my own spit.

"Happy? Of course I'm happy." I chuckled lightly before sipping my now slightly cold tea.

"You don't seem so sure."

Happy?.. Of course I'm happy... Yeah, Regina and I have out ups&downs... Most of the time... Like any other couple, we fight... A lot...