Divorced ch.39

His brown eyes were like daggers, making my skin, eyes and nose bleed slowly. I wanted to turn away, cower into a corner and hide from the world by covering my face with my hands; but I stood my ground. Head held high, eyes glaring back at him and my arms folded in front of my chest.

Charlie held my stare like it was nothing, the authority and alpha like presence radiated off his skin, but I still did not show an ounce of fear and emotion as he stood in my path to officially leave this place, family and old life behind me.

Since the fight between Ruth and I happened last night, I concluded that our stay had expired. Earlier this morning, I packed our stuff and now; Aaron and Gregory are taking our suitcases to the car. Charlie was blocking my way, his wide body was set into the door way as if he's the queen's foot guard in Britain.

"Are you going to step away, or do I have to climb out the window?" I asked since there was no way I can push him away.

Charlie didn't not budge, nor did he look amused. "Why are you leaving, so soon?"

My eyes slanted in irritation, "Was you not here last night in the garden? Ruth and I tried to kill each other."

"Show some respect Skyler, she's still your mother." Charlie said through gritted teeth as he referred to me saying her maiden name instead of the name I gave her when I was a baby.

I rolled my eyes at him- them. "Fine, my dear ole mother. The woman who pushed me out of her genitalia and immediately set me into my nanny's arms before I could even walk."

From the twitch of his jaw, I could tell Charlie was pissed. I don't know why, considering he knows of Ruth and I relationship personally. I don't know what had gotten into him over the past five months, but at the moment I didn't care. I didn't want to know, all I want to do is leave.

"Don't tell me, you think I'm an ungrateful piece of shit-"

Chairs eyes widened while cutting me off, "I never said that,"

"Well your thinking it," I stated. "All of you are thinking it." I huffed while biting my cheek to keep myself from spilling even more tears over this fucked up family. "Did you know, about the money?"

Charlie's eyes wandered, he didn't say anything; he doesn't have to say anything- his nonverbal were saying it all.

I scoffed while shaking my head in disappointment, not at him; but at me for trusting him, to even think he can be an actual father figure. "I can't believe it, you knew all this time-"

"What does it matter?!" He retorted while taking a step forward away from the door. "All you've been saying for the past year or so that you don't need the family's money. But now that you receive over a million, you want to act angry!"

"You know what, yes! I'm mad, and yes, I did say all of that. But truthfully, it's not all about the money- no, it's about trust. It's bout my family not lying to me, not buttering me up to use me as their doll that they can throw away and then play with again. So screw anyone who thinks I'm ungrateful, screw those he looks down at me! Screw anyone who's thinking I'm acting like a child." A low whimper escaped my throat as I spoke half of my thoughts.

Charlie stepped closer towards me, as if he was going to give me a hug, but refrained. "Listen, I knew but I don't know they'll use you."

"It doesn't make things better." I mumbled. "You know my mother, you know what she'll do. You knew that she knew, if not tell me about the money, at least you should of given me a warning. Instead of ignoring me for the past five months. What the hell have I done to receive such treatment from my own blood?" I mainly asked myself.