Divorced ch.14

For the very first time ever, my imagination was blank. Ideas for another book was not coming out through my hands. I was literally having a writers block, the worst thing a writer could ever have.

I dropped the black ink pen in my hand on the empty page of my note book with a huff in irritation. I shouldn't be stressing, especially not now... I thought to myself while standing from my desk and going over to the couch where Mike is taking his afternoon nap. Since it was Saturday and he did so well in school, I allowed him to sleep all day. The only reason why I don't do this often is only because Mike is the type of kid that would stay up all night if I even let him take a thirty minute nap.

"Mike," I called out his name while rubbing circles on his back to wake him up. "You have to get up."

He rubbed his nose in the must cutest way with the back of his hand before turning his head away from me. "Five more minutes, please." He begged.

I shook my head from his pleading. "You already used your five minutes ticket." I stated.

"Can I use my ten minutes ticket?" Mike turned his head back to me, to only give me his adorable puppy dog eyes. The look stopped working on me ever since he started school; little did he know.

"No, you smartalec. Get up, don't you want to get something to eat?"

Me mentioning food made Mike jump to his feet so fast. "I'm up!" He cheered out. "Can we get Tai?"

I chuckled lightly, "It's called Thai, Mike and yes; we can get Tai."

"Yay!" Mike cheered once more before jumping off the couch and running to the bathroom; I assume he was going to get ready.

As we walked along the semi dark streets of New York, I gripped on Mike's hand tightly and pulling him close every time we walk past a dark ally. I heard they snatched up little kids nowadays- well, people always take little kids; but it's becoming so chaotic now, especially with the man dragging the little girl out of the grocery store in front of her mother. Yikes...

The vibration of my phone in my pants pocket made me slow down my pace and moved the tai bag to my other hand- the hand I was holding Mike's baby hand with. I easily fished out my phone and putting it to my ear. "Hello?" I greeted while walking up the steps to my apartment. Luckily, we was exactly a few steps when I got a call.

"Skyler? It's Kiran, from the café."

My lips tugged into a huge smile from her name and sound of her angelic voice. "Kiran, right. What's up?" Once Mike and I was inside of my loft, I let his hand go and set the food down on the counter.

"Well, um." Kiran hummed, as if she was thanking of what to say. "I was thinking of you and I would go out to a night club called Pulse- as friends."

My lips tugged into a tight grin, "Well, that may be a problem. I'm watching over my friends son and I can't just drop him off to anyone. We can reschedule, how about tomorrow night- before I leave for Delaware."

"Oh okay, I can do that. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Yup tomorrow. Bye."

"Bye."

I removed my phone from my ear before ending the call and setting it on the counter between Mike and I. Mike luckily did not listen on the conversation, or as I thought he wasn't. He seemed to be busy eating his Thai food.

The next morning, I took Mike to school and spoke to Ms. Myn- to basically tell her Regina will be picking and dropping Mike off for the week. Of course, she asked a few questions here and there for security purposes; which I liked, but it was getting boring and I needed to get the hell up out of there.

I nod my head for the trillionth time as I tried not to drift off into deep thought. "Mmhm, I'm sure Regina was my do anything to Mike. I really have to go and surly class is about to start." I edged myself out of the conversation.

"Oh yes. I will see you next week hopefully."

I nod my head for the last time before making my way out the class. Of course, I waved goodbye to Mike and gave him a kiss on the forehead.

"....Here's his bag; clothes, toothbrush, night books are in there. Don't forget to pick him up at two and feed him." I instructed while setting Mike's duffel bag on Regina's couch.

I was hoping I would receive a soothing response, but instead I've just gotten a kiss to the cheek and a seductive smile. "Why don't you stay for a while until it's time to actually go?"

"Well, I have to start packing, and a friend and I are going to go out for drinks before I leave." I stated the truth, there was no reason to lie.

"A friend?" Regina stepped back in disbelief. "What friend? Bella?"

"Bella and I aren't friends like that. Besides, her name is Kira and we've spoken at the coffee shop. I can have friends, Regina; it's not like you're the only that can be social."

She quickly moved her arms from around me, "I'm not saying that you can't have friends. It's just sudden that you found one easily and spending your last night here with here."

I sighed heavily before fully turning my attention to her, "I spent mostly everyday with you, can I please just get one night with another person. Since you have Mike, it seemed like a perfect time to go out." I said. "I'm not asking, by the way." With that, I grabbed my purse and left out her apartment.

I didn't want to have a argument about something so stupid. That's not the type of person I am....

Pulse nightclub was New York's finest, LGBT club. When I first met Lila, she recommended me to the club if I did not want to shack up with Regina. It's my very first stepping in here; it's not that bad. The music was popping, a lot of people was associating with others and the drinks are awesome.

"Having fun," Kiran soon came into my vision as she slide into the booth with the drinks in her hand. "I love it here, it's so awesome." She set a purple fruity drink right in front of me. "It's blue berry turn around, and I have the green apple swirl. That's what they call it."

I chuckled lightly and took a sip of the drink, surly I tasted blue berries and also vodka. "Taste good. My friend pointed this club out to me, if I knew it's was this lit; I would of came a long time ago."

Kiran eyes wandered around the large area full of bodies. "This is my second time being here, the first time my girlfriend and I gotten in our first argument. It was embarrassing and funny at the same time; both of us was drunk and very emotional."

The both of us laughed before taking a sip of our drinks. I soon looked towards the full dance floor and back at Kiran. "You wanna dance? We can't just sit here all night."

Kiran nod her head in agreement, "But I have to warn you, dancing is not my strong suit."

"I'm not a good dancer either. We'll be on the dance floor, embarrassing ourselves, together." I slide out of the booth, not before downing my drink with just three sips. I extended out my hand to grab Kiran and practically encourage her out of the booth.

She did not hesitate to take my hand and follow me down to the dance floor. We stood in front of each other, dancing and having fun. This was the most fun I had ever since the house party when Regina and I had our first date.

Regina must be so mad at me right now, but I don't care. It's not like I'm doing anything with Kira, just having a few drinks and catching up.

My thoughts of Regina and her reaction, completely disappeared in the thick air when I felt Kira soft hand on my hips and her chest against mine as she bounced to the music.

The smile on my face kept me from overreacting, instead it pushed me to having even more fun and to not worry about anything or anyone else but myself.

I'm just having fun...