Chapter 53:

Ch. 53

~Peyton POV~

“Oh my goodness please shut the damn thing off!” I groaned and put the pillow over my head.

David laughed from somewhere beside me. “Someone isn’t a morning person.”

“Not when someone else keeps me up half the night, making out.” I growled, but it wasn’t as convincing as I wanted it to be, considering there was a smile forming on my face from the memories of last night.

“Hey, not my fault you wanted to make out so late.” He said as he took my pillow from me. Not cool!

I groaned again, wishing I could stay asleep. “Just like 2 more hours?” I begged. “Please?”

“Nope.” He kissed my cheek and I felt the bed shift as he got up. “You have long enough for me to take a shower, and then you’re getting up. Unless, of course, you would like to join me in the shower?”

“As tempting as that sounds, no thanks. I like sleep better.” I laughed, knowing he would be frowning at me if I looked up.

“Thanks babe.” He snorted. “Love you too.”

I rolled my eyes. “Just go take your shower.”

With one more laugh, David went and headed to the bathroom to take his shower. I curled back underneath the covers, not wanting to get out from under them. It was toasty under here and cold out there. Just as I was about to fall back asleep, a thought occurred to me. With a grunt, I rolled over and leaned off the bed to get David’s phone off of the nightstand. Nope, there was still no text or missed calls from my mom. I was surprised.

Either she didn’t go home last night, which happens sometimes, or she just didn’t feel like dealing with me. Maybe she didn’t even know I wasn’t home. Even though I was glad that she didn’t force me to go home last night, I had mixed feelings about not hearing from her. Or maybe this was exactly what she wanted. She knew me well enough to know that even if I was mad at her, if I didn’t hear from her then I would check up on her; so for right now, I just wasn’t going to worry about it. I was going to get through my day and have fun.

“Alright, it’s time for the sleeping princess to get up.” David shouted, teasing me and coming into his room.

“I’m up.” I replied, but a little dazed.

He frowned and walked over to his bed, sitting down beside me. “What’s up?”

I looked from his phone to him and then back at his phone. “I still haven’t heard from my mom. I don’t know how I feel about it.” Okay, so maybe I wasn’t going to forget about it that easily. It was bugging me.

David reached out and put his hand under my chin and made me look up at him. “I’m sure it’s nothing. Maybe she is just finally letting you have your space.”

I shrugged. “Yeah, I guess so.”

“If you’re worried, why don’t you just call her?” He asked, innocently.

“Because,” I said a little harshly, “Part of me thinks that’s exactly what she wants me to do. I don’t really know why that’s such a bad thing, but it just seems like it is.”

“Well, you could wait until she contacts you.” He said.

“Yeah, but what if something is wrong and I didn’t do anything earlier?” I knew I was making this difficult but I couldn’t help it. I was honestly mixed with both of these feelings and I felt like it was a lose - lose situation.

He sighed, “I’m trying to help you here. You just have to do what you feel is best.”

I sighed as well. “I know.” I stared at my phone a little longer. “Alright, I’ll call her.”