Chapter 45:

Ch. 45

~Peyton POV~

“Really Peyton?” Mom asked as we got into the car. “Where is all of this coming from? I don’t appreciate it one bit.”

I really did not feel like talking to my mom right now. She was dragging me back to the hell hole of a house we live in. I crossed my arms over my chest and stared out the window. I know it would aggravate my mom to no end if I didn’t answer her, and that was the exact reason I was doing it. I feel like she didn’t deserve to be talked to right now.

“Peyton Rene!” She yelled and slammed her hand on the steering wheel. “When I ask you a question, I expect an answer.”

“What mom? What do you want me to say? That I made the whole thing up and just felt the random need to lie about it? That you don’t believe me for some unknown reason?” I snapped at her. “That I’m sorry for the whole thing? Well, I’m sorry, but you’re not going to get that out of me no matter how hard you try.” I could feel tears threatening to come, but this time out of anger and not being afraid. I was so furious at my mother.

“Not believe you? What are you talking about?” She was acting completely shocked and like this was the first time she’s ever thought about not believing me.

It drove me insane that she thought it was okay to feel like that. She had no room to feel shocked. I groaned and leaned my head back against the seat. “Yes, mother. You seem to fail at believing me when it comes to my story about Tim. In fact, you never believe me about anything when it comes to Tim.” I said. “Why would I lie about something like this? I mean, come on, mom, it’s me.”

“I just…Tim is such a gentle and caring guy. It’s hard to believe he would lay a hand on you. He has been nothing but nice to you. He loves you so much.”

I snorted. “That’s just what he wants you to think. How can you believe your husband over your own flesh and blood? I even gave you proof of what he did to me, but you still don’t believe that it was him who put those bruises on me. What more proof do you need, mom? Me dead?” I let that one sink in while I slammed the door shut behind me seeing as how we just pulled into the driveway.

“Peyton Rene Jones!” She used my full name again. “You take that back right now!” Mom yelled and slammed her door as well.

I didn’t even acknowledge that she said anything and continued walking to the door. Right as I was about to grab the doorknob, Tim threw the door open. “Peyton.” He stated.

“Don’t talk to me.” I snapped and slammed my shoulder into his, satisfied when I saw him stumble some. I instantly ran up the stairs to my room and slammed that door also.

Go figure I couldn’t just be left alone, though. I mean, was it too much to ask? Mom came storming in, eyes blazing at me. “How dare you talk to me like that! You have no right!” It looked like she was about to cry. There was just a teeny part of me that felt bad but overall I didn’t. She has hurt me, and I was determined to get her back. I know two wrongs don’t make a right, but right now, I don’t care.

She walked over to the side of my bed and grabbed my computer, unplugging it. “What are you doing?” I shouted.

“Taking away all of your stuff. Until you can learn to be respectful, you are grounded. Don’t think that you can play your way out of this because you’re going to be grounded for a very long time. Hand over your phone.” She held out her hand.

“No!” I yelled at her for the second time today.

“Excuse me?” She raised her eyebrow at me. “I’m going to ask one more time. Give me your phone.”